This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally! A cool customer!

Today I had an old gent come in. Typical redneck, but funny as hell, and extremely polite. He looked like Wilford Brimley but without the walrus moustache. Big 'Suthern drawl', dirty white t-shirt, etc. You know the type. At first I thought "Great, another one." And then I saw that he brought his little dog with him too. Even better.
    But we got to talking. He turned out to be one of the nicest customers I've ever had the pleasure of talking with at the paint department. He was funny, told some jokes, talked about his life (Korean vet) and just a generally pleasant guy. His dog turned out to be nice too. Didn't growl at me like all the yappy dogs do when I get within 30 feet. I actually gave the dog nice pet pets. (I love dogs, just don't bring them into the store - BIG pet peeve).
    As we were wrapping things up, he asked me if I would put his HEAVY 5-gallon bucket of paint into his cart. He told me he has heart trouble and was restricted to lifting 15 pounds or less. I told him I was sorry to hear that.
    And then he said: "Yeah, but I told the doc that would be a problem. How am I supposed to go to the bathroom if I can only lift 15 pounds?"

It took me a little bit, about 5 seconds.. but I got it. I laughed so loud, all the cashiers and customers up front turned to look at me. And then HE started busting out because of my reaction. I literally had tears in my eyes.
    Yeah, it was a dumb, corny joke, but it was perfect.

I had a smile on my face all day because of him. The rest of the day went a lot smoother.
    I know he doesn't come here, but just in case, I'd like to say "Thank You" for making my day better.
    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Wow, that is so awesome! Didja get some of his DNA? Maybe we can clone him??
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

:snickering: Laughing is good.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

That sounds like my grandfather, except for the dog, he even looked like Wilford Brimley without the mustache. A few years after he died, the movie Cocoon came out. I found myself crying through the whole movie because Wilford Brimley reminded me so much of him.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I seem to be missing a lot of jokes. I dont get the bathroom one, but he sounds like a cool customer, and i guess the moral is: Never judge by appearance, you can be wrong.

I had a gentleman in a turban come through my line. Seeing him, I was expecting a bit of an accent and perhaps confusions with english. He spoke perfect english with no accent (to canadians), to my surprise nad delight. Course, I still didnt treat him differently...
          Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
            I seem to be missing a lot of jokes. I dont get the bathroom one, but he sounds like a cool customer, and i guess the moral is: Never judge by appearance, you can be wrong.
            Referring to the amount of weight he would need to lift to urinate.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Oh, so the toilet seat is heavy?

Comment

*ziiiiiiiiip*

*thump*

*grab*

*lift with difficulty*

*aim*

That help a little?

Comment

THat was my second guess. THank you. *SNERK*

Comment

Personally, I know how the customer felt....it's tough carrying around so much weight really. Fruit of the Loom doesn't have a specialty store, and I'm beginning to get scoliosis.....after 18 years of this...lol:

Comment

When he comes back, Knightmare, you can tell him the one about the 2 brothers who were always trying to one-up each other. You know the type. One would buy a car, the other would buy a better car, etc. One day, they were walking home and, as they were crossing a bridge, the one brother turned to the other and said, "Hang on, I need to pee," and proceeded to unzip and do so off the side of the bridge. Not to be outdone, the other brother agreed, "yeah, me too," and went to the other side of the bridge. After a moment, the first brother exclaimed, "Water sure is cold!" to which the second replied, "Deep, too!"

Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

I don't get it I hate it when I need to have jokes explained to me.
                        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                          I don't get it I hate it when I need to have jokes explained to me.
                          The first brother's..uh..unit..is long enough to touch the water when he pees. The second brother's touches the bottom of the river. Don't feel bad. Sometimes I have to think a minute...
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                            The first brother's..uh..unit..is long enough to touch the water when he pees. The second brother's touches the bottom of the river. Don't feel bad. Sometimes I have to think a minute...
                            gah. these drugs (Clyndamycin and gravol) are killing me... I still had to think about it for a minute. Then it slowly clicked into place *sigh* I miss being able to think straight.
                            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth Kilamon View Post
                              When he comes back, Knightmare, you can tell him the one about the 2 brothers who were always trying to one-up each other.
                              Hey!
                              Sometimes life is altered.
                              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                              Uneasy with confrontation.
                              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                              X