This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Party Agenda

Today is our post-holiday "Holiday Party," or "Employee Appreciation Party" as they are calling it. This morning we got an email with the "agenda." Never had an agenda for a party before. Do we need to keep minutes? Should I bring my Steno book? Damn, I never learned shorthand.

There will be awards (length-of-service awards, which you get at 5 year intervals), prizes, food, and music and dancing (?). This is a party during work hours (3.5 work hours, to be exact). There is even a scheduled order of when each department gets to get on the buffet line. We are considered "office staff" and therefore we are last .

The party is 12-3:30. My boss told those of us who come in at 8 that we could come in at 7 instead and just leave right after the party. I didn't really want to get up that early, but the weather is pretty nasty so I didn't even get here until 9. Took me a little over an hour (including my Starbuck's stop--hey, I was gonna be late anyway...) for a normally 30 minute (at most) drive. So technically I should stay until 5:30, but I will see how the weather is and decide later. I have 2 days left to make up the time for the week. This morning I drove in in what was basically tiny hail, which is supposed to turn to snow later and then ice overnight.

5 minutes till party time...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Yay! Party's over. Actually we skipped out a bit early. I get my 5 year pin, though, even though I've worked for the company for 8 years. (But not consecutive.) And I didn't win any prizes. They had some nice stuff; everyone got a raffle ticket, there were 9 prizes, and they called 9 numbers and played musical chairs to see who got what......how old are we again?
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
    X