This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with pink?

We are leasing CCTV cameras to a federal facility and these people go through a lot of cameras. I swear we have an RMA warranty repair at least one camera a month. It could be the manufacturing but I have more fun blaming the customer - it makes me happy.

Anyways, we just got another RMA in for 6 cameras. The problem this time? The video feed is pink. Everything comes in lovely shades of pink on the color monitors and supposedly no amount of color adjusting will change that. Would you believe me if I said the B/W monitors are also showing pink? Didn't think so. So Chief Whatsit complains. Okey dokey, you don't like the pink people - what are you Andoran? So off we send to the factory the reprehensible pink producing cameras.
    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

That sounds like the monitor screens are dying (CRT screens tend to go pink when they're on the way out).
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

"What's wrong with pink?"

Well, that's easy for you to say. Your screen is coming up blonde.

A shiny gold star to whoever gets the reference first.
      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
        That sounds like the monitor screens are dying (CRT screens tend to go pink when they're on the way out).
        Depends on how they're dying.

(I've swapped out more monitors in the last two years than I did in the preceding eight. Damn, 27" monitors are heavy when you're putting them into a huge wooden box.)

Comment

ain't nuttin' wrong with PINK
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I agree. My coworker makes fun of me because I have a lot of pink stuff--pink phone, pink DS, pink notepad, etc.
            "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Well it isn't the monitors because they are using 51" monitors with 6 cameras feeding in at all times. Some of the cameras are feeding in pink and others normally.

I see pink people! EEEEE!

Anybody want a 51" Hitachi Projection monitor? The feds decided that it was to thick for where they wanted to put it so we are stuck w/ the return. $900. Great for your PS3s or Wiis.
              Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Maybe they placed their cabling near another cable that's generating interference?
                Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                  Mine's been teetering on dying for the last 2 years, every few weeks or so, it goes pink for a few minutes, then goes back to normal, I just keep my fingers crossed and wonder when "The big pink out" is coming......
                  - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    ain't nuttin' wrong with PINK
                    Fuschia, however...
                    /I know, it says magenta for the color
                    //broke hir glasses yesterday, is wearing purple prescription sunglasses until the other pair gets fixed
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

i wear pink sometimes, once my hair grows long it's gonna be fun, as i complete my viking look, already got the braidable beard

just lack a battle axe, and i can be a pink viking
                      Rawr

Comment

Working...
                      X