This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview? Me? Now?

My SM and I discussed a two part interview process for our store tonight. You know one of us interviews someone then the other one does a second interview and then we colaborate.

We discussed this tonight. Tonight. Got that?

So, SM leaves and pretty soon one of the other managers says that he called and a woman is on her way in for her second interview. In 15 minutes.

So, I quickly reviewed the woman's application. Couldn't think of a darn thing to ask her and so I started with the standard: "So, why do you want to work for this company?" and then digressed into a lot of mostly meaningless chit chat. It was like my brain had nothing to offer me. I even was trying to think of interview questions people had suggested on here- nothing- brain checked out and left the building..

But I liked her, she has great qualifications, references, experiences, personality, etc. So, we're hiring her.

Everyone cross your fingers for me.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

*Crosses fingers, toes, and eyes (but only for a short while, as that gives me a headache, and it's hard to walk with crossed toes, and people look at you funny if you walk around with your fingers crossed all the time)*

I'm sure she'll be fine. You've got good instincts.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

BN does the 2 interview thing, too. I think they have a form that the manager fills out, or that might be something that my manager did. Anyway, when I first applied I happened to hand in my app to one of the assistant managers ("S"), and she just told me basically what they were looking for as far as hours/availability, told me about the 2 interview process, and set me up with an appointment with the other assistant, "C". After that interview C asked could I start the following Saturday. I asked wasn't there supposed to be a second interview, she said, Oh, S said she talked to you, it's not necessary. So basically my "first interview" was all of 15 seconds
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

At least you were the one doing the interviewing. Back 2002 when I was trying to find a "real" job for my school's co-op program, I once got rudely woken up (ok it was 12:30 in the afternoon, but I was unemployed and in college, but I didn't have any class that semester so it was like 4AM in college person time) by the director of the tech support group for a big pharma company.

I suddenly found myself being interviewed over the phone, half awake, whilst still in nothing but my boxers, for a job I didn't remember applying for. I ended up getting the job. Made my day much better. Specially since I was supposed to have had a job back in September and it was now October. Crappy economy screwed a lot of people over that year.

Comment

The interview I did tonight went much better. I was prepared-which was good since I was the first interview this time.
          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
          HellGate: London

Comment

Working...
          X