This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good day/Bad day

Good day: We got evacuated for "some kind of emergency" (according to my boss). I work in an office in a warehouse so that gives you an idea of how many people are there. We did not go out the emergency exit right at the stairs near our office, but walked out to the front employee entrance, so it wasn't any kind of imminent danger. But they didn't say what the emergency was, and shortly after we went outside they said they were sending the 1st shift home. This was a little after noon, and normally the 1st shift leaves at 3:30 (I work 8-4:30). I don't know if the 2nd shift went in; if I don't hear otherwise from my boss I am to assume we are to go in tomorrow. So I went to my old store and visited my friends who were working. So not so good in that I don't know what the emergency was, but good cuz we got a half day (and we get paid for the rest of it). Plus they had a cop hold up the trucks on our access road so we could get out of the parking lot. I don't think it was a fire but I'm thinking maybe a gas leak or something like that.

Bad day: While I was visiting my old store, I went back to the breakroom to see if the community relations manager was in (I used to work with her years ago in my first store so I wanted to say hi); she was not in and I found out that her husband passed away last week. He had been fighting a rare brain cancer for the last year or 2, but I didn't know that he had passed so I was not able to go to the viewing or anything. They had the article from the paper posted and they had been married 19 years and have 2 young kids (13 & 8). So I got her a card but I'm not sure what to write.
    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 02-19-2007, 08:39 PM.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"
Working...
X