This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Situation at work last night

This was at the hotel, not at the pizza joint.

Had a guy check in last night around 6:30 on another clerks shift. He comes down around 10 last night to complain about there being bugs in his room. No problem, he was moved to another room. He comes back down a little bit later and says that room has bugs, and heads back to his original room. When I arrived at 10:30 last night, I was asked by the clerk to go check on the room and see if there were any bugs and to see if he needed further assistance. At this time, I spoke with him, saw that there were indeed bugs, and offered him another room. He said that he would discuss it with his wife, and I said OK and to come down to the office when they are ready.

I didn't hear another thing about it until 1:50 this morning, when an EMT showed up and asked me if there were any other complaints about sick people. I said no, and asked what was going on. The EMT tells me that there are some really sick people in Room 110 (the room the guy was in). I immediately call my boss and let him know of the situation. After the paramedics leave, I call the room and ask if everything is OK. He says that he called the paramedics because of the bugs, and they recommended he go to a doctor. He then told me that he was very dissatisfied and that he has had a horrible experience with us. I apologize and remind him that did offer him a room. He says he didn't take it because all of the other rooms are infested, which is not true, I checked an additional room in case he wanted it to make sure. He then says that he will be sending us the doctor bill. At this point, I'm just about offering him a refund, because I'm puzzled as to why he would stay in a room for seven hours with bugs. As of 7 a.m., when I left, I still hadn't heard from him.

Here is another funny thing about it, when he dialed the paramedics, he used the non-emergency number, not 911. We have a call log for each room and if anyone dials 911, it will beep at me.

It was just an all around weird situation.

I can't stand people like this. You offered to move them, and they didn't take you up on it, so now they're going to hold you liable for damage they did to themselves by staying in the room? How does that make sense? Idiots.

And what kind of bugs were they? We've stayed in fishing motels where you had to bring your own flyswatter and never complained about the mosquitos and such.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

He called the paramedics because there were bugs in his room? What was his actual health complaint? The heebie-jeebies?

Clearly there was no actual medical emergency if they just told him he should go to a doctor and then left him...
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I have no idea what the actual call was about. He was a local guy too, BTW. 90 percent of our troubles come from locals.

Comment

Tell the guy to find a new dealer. He's bought his fix out of a bad batch.

Too bad no one makes P2P anymore, you wouldn't have all these problems with meth bugs.

(FYI: The crap that's being sold on the street isn't actually methamphetamine, I forget the specifics, but pretty much they call it meth because of the stigma meth already has. What? I live in Oregon, you kinda learn all this stuff).

(No, I've never done any illegal drugs, I just observe the users for entertainment).
          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Yeah, I was gonna suggest ice.

Or DT's.

Comment

Upon thinking about it, I think the bugs in question might have been lice, which means that more than likely he, or his kids, brought them in.

Comment

My daughter has lice four times a couple of summers ago (we went through HELL trying to get rid of the little F$*^ers) and I never once SAW one.... other than on her head, I mean. Like, not on the beds or the couches or what have you. Must have been a hell of a lot of them if they were VISIBLE. *shudder*
                GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Could it have been the DT's?
                  Testing
                  "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

What exactly are DT's?

Comment

Quoth cewfa View Post
                      What exactly are DT's?
                      Delerium Tremens (sp?). Basicaly, bad shakes caused by not having a recent fix of your body-wrecking chemical of choice.

Comment

Ah, OK, I got ya.

Comment

DTs. Delirum Tremens. Symptom of alchohol withdrawel. Some people hallucinate that there are bugs crawling on the walls:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/000766.htm

Comment

Delerium Tremens is also my boss's favorite beer. Or at least one of them.

I always get a laugh out of the name, since it represents the fourth and worst stage of alcohol withdrawal.

Comment

One of my former bosses at the pizza place was an alcoholic and this would happen to him. He would get NASTY when this happen. Flustered, angry, shaking, etc. etc.
                              He took a $3000 deposit of the store to Shreveport to see if he could double it one time, and lost it, and that was his demise.

Comment

Working...
                              X