Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please do not ask me where the eggs are while I am using the toilet. Our bathroom are near the Cosmetics area. Last time I checked eggs are not stored in the bathrooms and there is no cooler in the Cosmetics department. Some guy walked into the bathroom to ask me this. When I walked out a male staff member who saw him come out of the women's bathroom told him not to do that again.

Comment

• Quoth retailworker7 View Post
      Please do not ask me where the eggs are while I am using the toilet. Our bathroom are near the Cosmetics area. Last time I checked eggs are not stored in the bathrooms and there is no cooler in the Cosmetics department. Some guy walked into the bathroom to ask me this. When I walked out a male staff member who saw him come out of the women's bathroom told him not to do that again.
      The best response to a male customer going into the women's restroom for such a stupid reason is a nice loud scream. Or a very noisy 9-1-1 call if you have your phone with you.
      Last edited by MoonCat; 06-12-2012, 01:12 AM.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
        The best response to a male customer going into the women's restroom for such a stupid reason is a nice loud scream. Or a very noisy 9-1-1 call if you have your phone with you.

I ignored his question and told him to get out of the women's bathroom. He apologized to my co-worker after I walked away. I would have started screaming if he had not left immediately.

Comment

Some guy walked into the bathroom to ask me this. When I walked out a male staff member who saw him come out of the women's bathroom told him not to do that again.
          He walked into the women's bathroom to ask you as question?! Further proof that customers don't think of us as fellow human beings; I'd bet he wouldn't have done that if the woman in the bathroom was a non-employee!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• Quoth XCashier View Post
            He walked into the women's bathroom to ask you as question?! Further proof that customers don't think of us as fellow human beings; I'd bet he wouldn't have done that if the woman in the bathroom was a non-employee!
            It is a good thing he left right away. I found out later on that the reason my male co-worker happened to be there was because one of my regular male customers went and told my co-worker some guy had followed me into the bathroom. The nice customer actually waited to make sure I was ok before he would finish his shopping. I have no doubt that my co-worker would have walked into the bathroom himself to protect me if he needed to.

Our bathrooms have stalls that lock. I had already locked the door before I realized anyone else was there. He did not try to unlock the door or anything. He just started talking to me. I don't think he will try it again. My boss told me that he had a talk with him about his unacceptable behavior.
            Last edited by retailworker7; 06-12-2012, 02:29 AM.

Comment

• Dear Jerk,

I have to ask the questions I do for a reason. I'm sorry that it takes so long. I am going as fast I can. Your talking fast and being a jerk doesn't help. And your snarky comments and asking me if I'm slow don't help.

And you say you'll never use us again? That's your choice. Hope I never get you on my phone again. Torque you and the equestrian you rode in on, you arrogant donkey!
              Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

My boss told me that he had a talk with him about his unacceptable behavior.
                I am glad to hear your boss, coworkers and regular customers are looking out for your safety. Let's hope this was just an extreme brain fart on the SC's part.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• My asking the simple question "what kind?" when you ask me about an item that has 50 or so different flavors is not rude. If you buy this item as much as you claim you should know which one you want (or at least know I'm going to ask what kind).
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth XCashier View Post
                    I am glad to hear your boss, coworkers and regular customers are looking out for your safety. Let's hope this was just an extreme brain fart on the SC's part.
                    I think it was a brain fart on the part of this customer. He is an older gentleman and does not have the greatest understanding of the English language. I really think he did not realize he was going into the women's bathroom. There is a water fountain in the hallway and he may have thought I was just going to get some water. I have seen this customer since then and he is always nice to our staff.

Comment

• SHUT UP. Just stop talking!! You're asking me questions and you're making assumptions about prices, deadlines and more, but you won't shut up long enough for me to correct you! I don't need to know how much work it's going to be for you to get your car/dog/house/ boat/whatever ready to sell! It won't change the information I'm trying to give you. STFU already! And telling me I've been very helpful is nice, and I appreciate it, but I could have been a lot MORE helpful if you had shut your piehole and let me talk!!
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• To customers in general - we tend to get very busy during the summer at the library, due to the reading program and related programs. Please keep in mind that you are NOT the only one returning library materials on a particular day, and if you had a large amount of items out, do give staff time to check them in before going to whomever is at the customer service desk. (this especially happens with DVDs)

Comment

• "Menthol" is not a legitimate request for cigarettes. My store carries about 15 different brands, all of which come in menthol/non-menthol, kings/100s/120s, and various variations of that. Could you at least give me HINT as to the brand??

Comment

• Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                            "Menthol" is not a legitimate request for cigarettes. My store carries about 15 different brands, all of which come in menthol/non-menthol, kings/100s/120s, and various variations of that. Could you at least give me HINT as to the brand??
                            Yeah that is really annoying. I have also been told I will have some Lights. People pretty much every brand we carry has lights. That is not how ask you ask for smokes in public.

Comment

...I will have some Lights...
                              Cumbustis tuchis dexter. Cumbustis tuchis sinister.

There. You've got your lights. Please leave before the smoke detector gets excited.
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Yeah that is really annoying. I have also been told I will have some Lights. People pretty much every brand we carry has lights
                                Ditto. Some brands we carry don't even have "light" cigs anymore due to some labeling flap, I can't remember what they're called now but it's not lights.

"Buy One Get One Free" does NOT mean "Buy One for 50% Off". Nor does it mean that you can get a different brand and the sale still applies as long as it's the same item. (I swear we should make a reading and basic intelligence test a requirement for setting foot in the store)

The reduced produce is FINAL SALE. It's still perfectly good, just not quite nice looking enough for the regular displays. Asking me if you can get a further discount may cause said produce to get flung at your head. As will demanding an equal quantity of unblemished produce for the same price, ripping open the packages to mix-and-match what you want, etc.
                                Last edited by Dreamstalker; 06-23-2012, 07:56 PM.
                                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                                X