X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
    --

-- As a ending and post-script for the above point, just because you have tax exempt status doesn't mean it applies to beer and other such drinks. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
    OMG THIS!!!!!!!

After all these years in retail, it STILL irks me that people think they can "pull one over" on their employer, who has the tax-exempt status, by throwing things in the order that are CLEARLY not for their employer. Beer, cigarettes, steaks, shrimp, etc. comes to mind. Those are NOT for your employer!!! Make a separate order and pay for it your own dammself!

Comment

• Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
      -
      -- Yes it's busy, it's Memorial Day weekend so what did you expect?
      This is for the hotel people: Last minute Memorial Day reservations and for cheap....yeah. I don't think so. We're laughing when you say you want a room for less than $100 on Memorial Day weekend and even more if it's by or on the beach! Definitely can't expect any availability either since rooms WILL fill up quick too.

Popular destinations and/or major events, especially if it's last minute reservations for those reasons, expect the rates to be sky high and little to no availability. You snooze, you lose. Simple as that.

The hotel sets the room rates, okay! Don't bitch at me if you think the rates are too damn high for you!

I'm a reservations agent, not a magician. I don't suddenly take a booked up hotel and crap out available rooms at your whim.

I'm REQUIRED to quote the cancellation policy verbatim and at least inform you of some of the hotel and room amenities. Don't wanna hear me say it? Book your room online, dumb ass!

Comparing the online prices while you're on the phone with me is not only a colossal waste of time but also incredibly STUPID! If you think the online rate is cheaper, then shut up, GTFO my phone and book it online!
      Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 05-27-2012, 07:12 AM.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

• If you were able to heave a watermelon into your cart, surely you can lift it the few inches required to get it on the belt. Just because I can touch it when it's on the child-seat area does NOT mean I am physically able to lift it (even if I was able to do so, my manager would rather I not even try). I am NOT injuring myself for you. If said watermelon is in the bottom of the cart, don't look at me expectantly. I can't even reach it.

The correct way to navigate reusable bags would be to say "Yes" to my do-you-have-any-bags question before I start scanning, and then pass them to me and I will give them to the bagger. Don't wait until the order's almost finished; one of us will hurt you. For the love of Hastur, please wash the damn things out once in awhile. I can tell which one of your 6 bags has been used for raw meat since you bought it...and what's with the one that smells like cat piss? I'm not putting unprotected produce in that.
        Last edited by Dreamstalker; 05-29-2012, 10:13 PM.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• A few things I've picked up generally from the last 3 weeks of swimming training-not all of these are sucky, just some are stupid and some are irritating:

-If you are going to use the pay-as-you-go system, you do actually pay for 2 lessons the first time so that if you take a break or stop lessons, you don't have to pay on the last day you're there. It does explain it on the timetables we provide repeatedly.

-If your child is having trouble with their goggles, make sure that they have a spare pair they can use while you're fixing them. If you're buying new goggles for them, check that they fit and adjust BEFORE the lesson. Not during.

-Please let us know in advance if your child has ear problems so we can plan our revision accordingly...(part of the class involves the kids doing three types of floats and then submerging skills, if the kid has issues with their ears, we can't do the latter with them.)

-Yes there will be a trainee teacher taking part of the class with your child in it. That does not mean that they are entirely incompetent.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• No, the customer is not always right. When dealing in regulated substances, like I am, my priority list of making people happy looks like this:

1. The fine fellows of our local law enforcement community.
            2. The man from the Board of Public Health.
            3. The lady from the city council who administers liquor licenses.
            4. The owner.
            5. My manager.
            6. You.
            The customer is always right, but this is a public house, and you are a guest.

Comment

• Divra, there's a poster up in my store's office about 'getting back to [customer service] basics'. It includes the line "Remember, the customers pay our paychecks!"

I'd like to find whoever came up with that phrase (as well as 'the customer is always right') and force them to work retail for a year in the most SC-prone area in the country.

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                I'd like to find whoever came up with that phrase (as well as 'the customer is always right') and force them to work retail for a year in the most SC-prone area in the country.
                I wonder where that would be?
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• -We do expect you to PAY for your goods.

-We do expect you to do more than shrug when we try to chase something and you tell us its on hold. I don't have access to your system so can't tell why you aren't paying it unless you tell us why it isn't clearing automatically in your system.

-We do expect you to be able to tell me WHO can change X when it isn't right - or at least which department to try next.

- Strangely if you do help with all of the above we do actually work with you rather than trying to take over your brain through the phone. We appreciate that you are just doing your job and can't do miracles.
                  I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• eBay customers,
                    1. PAY FOR YOUR ITEMS! I have too many unpaid items, waiting for payment. I send invoices, eBay sends a reminder, it goes to both your eBay message box and your e-mail. I also send you a follow-up e-mail. You cannot claim ignorance as your excuse.
                    2. If you cannot pay right away, contact me. I am reasonable, and will wait a week for payment if you let me know what is going on.
                    3. Don't test my patience. I don't appreciate it when you drag out your excuses for weeks on end, just like you wouldn't like it if you got excuses instead of your paycheck.
                    4. If you insist on ignoring my invoice and refusing to pay, don't be all upset when you get an Unpaid Item Strike and blocked from bidding on future items. Read eBay's Terms Of Service. They want to get paid as much as I do.
                    5. If you can't pay for it, DON'T FG BID ON IT!!! Basic Common Sense 101, you must've skipped class that day.
                    6. PLEASE, make sure your address is correct on eBay. A US address consists of house number and street (possibly apt/ste/whatever number), city, state and Zip code. "st3st" is not a proper street address, I don't know where the hell you came up with that.
                    7. I am aware that most countries in the world do not follow the US address system that eBay uses (Canada and Australia are the only ones with similar systems, IIRC). Just put the correct item (street address, city, state/province, zip/postal code) in the correct space and I can figure it out.
                    Last edited by XCashier; 05-31-2012, 03:55 AM. Reason: added a few more
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• -If we are out an item and we have searched all over the world for it--then take our word for it... We. Are. Out. of the item

-Lights on in a checkstand is open. Lights off means we are closed

-Don't bitch to us about price increases. Its called inflation which we have no control over

- Don't bitch to me about an employee who did you wrong. Not only do i not care...but if they upset you that much take it up with the management or the offending employee themselves

-Don't bug me on my lunch/break unless its a life threatening emergency. not finding something is not an emergancy.

-Unless we have hired canines to work alongside us do not whistle to get my attention. whistling is something you do to get a dog's attention
                      NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

• Quoth Kitten in the box View Post
                        -Lights on in a checkstand is open. Lights off means we are closed
                        You would not believe how many people I had to turn away at The Warehouse because I was closed and my light was off. Sorry, I'm off already and need to count down.

These are more about Random Craft Store then the other place.

-- The people scanning your items onto the express card because of the long lines? They are unable to run a register because of their position in this store, so don't bitch and complain about it even AFTER they tell you otherwise.

-- Yes I'm getting off at 10 in the morning and there's a reason for that: I've been working since well before you've been awake.

-- No I can't run a register today -- I'm actually trying to get my work done and am not scheduled to be a register.
                        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

• Yes, I know we choose which delivery companies to contract with to deliver furniture to your area...but we can't control everything they do. It's not our fault if they only deliver to your area once a month because you live in Bumfuck Egypt. It's also not our fault if you request a certain time of day and they can't guarantee it, then they give you a different time window. Reschedule to a day you have free or see if you can get time off or get a friend to sign for you. The worst is when someone tells me flat out that they "always" have this problem when they order from us...well duh, maybe you should buy elsewhere then!
                          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• Scrunching up your cloth bags and stuffing them all into one really is not as helpful as you think it is.

No, I can't open that register that just went on break. I'm not supposed to be cashiering today, and I'll get in trouble if a manager sees me ringing when they didn't tell me to.
                            Last edited by Dreamstalker; 06-04-2012, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Don't get mad at me or any other rep for screwing up your reservation because you rushed us off the phone and won't allow us to verify the info and quote the cancellation policy!

If you have an issue with your room or something IN the hotel, take it up with the Front Desk or the Hotel Manger, NOT reservations!

Unless you know where and when you're going, don't bother calling in. You're wasting time being a flaky indecisive dumb ass.

If I ask you for a price range and you say "I dunno", then balk at the prices I quote you, don't get upset with me because your dumb ass couldn't give me a simple answer!

You get what you pay for. Simple as that. YOU called for us to make the reseration. WE give you the options and YOU pick it. Don't blame us for you making the decision of being a cheapskate and going to a shitty area of town for a cheap place to stay!
                              Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 06-04-2012, 05:05 PM.
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

• If you say "huh?" every time I speak and have to cup your hand around your ear to hear me, IT'S TIME TO GET A FREAKING HEARING AID!
                                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                                X