Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and another thing that can suck my sack full of not toys: iTunes for not making the Bing Crosby/David Bowie duet "Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth" available as an individual download.

I ended up buying an entire album just for that song. But it has some other songs I like so the purchase isn't a total waste.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Here's one that's been driving me absolutely MAD at my seasonal job but I don't know the name of it or who sings it, other than it's by a very shrill, awful singer:

"last christmas I gave you my heart the very next day, you gave it away... so this christmas....blah blah"

repeat that X 10. Sometimes, I daydream I find this singer (and whoever wrote the song) and...well...beat the song out of them.

Comment

I believe it was Wham! who first made that song popular, so to start you could beat up George Michael.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Ironically my store and several others in the same chain that I am aware of never played any Christmas music. At least the Christmas Music was a break from the same songs that have been playing for 5-10 years.

Comment

When I first heard who sang Santa Baby, a part of me threw up. I only know her as Izma and Madame Zeroni, neither of who are particularly attractive. I did not want to picture Izma seducing Santa.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              When I first heard who sang Santa Baby, a part of me threw up. I only know her as Izma and Madame Zeroni, neither of who are particularly attractive. I did not want to picture Izma seducing Santa.
              She also played Catwoman on the TV series Batman (after Lee Meriweather and Julie Newmar).
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                And part of me imagined Santa going "Why does she even have that lever?"

Eartha Kitt was also in Erik The Viking (written by Terry Jones and also has John Cleese in it )
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  IMO, Eartha Kitt does that song better than anyone else (and hers is really the only version of that song that I actually like).
                  "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Has anyone mentioned the sin against man and nature that is Christmas Shoes yet? -.-

Comment

Someone did, Gravekeeper. Why is that song even 'popular'? Though someone pointed out watching the NChick coverage of it... I saw that the day after she posted it, and I had to laugh a little... First, Patton Oswald actually did a bit in one of his standup routines where he poked at it... And she FOUND IT.

I think everyone's covered the whole... 6 songs I hear every day at work. Our chain's actually better about it - The Christmas songs only pop up once in a while in the middle of the rest of our usual playlist. Unfortunately, there's still two or three versions of two or three songs each Like Last Christmas... And Holly Jolly Christmas... -Pulls hair out-

Though I was wishing, up until I listened to it again for the first time in some 12-15 years, that they'd play the parody of I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause on the radio...

Sometimes I wonder about if I was doomed to be a 'weird' adult, given some of the stuff my mother let me listen to...

Oh, if I could only add songs to the playlist, these would be them...

I Saw Daddy Kissing Santa Clause - This one you actually DO want to hear to the end, to get the hilarious joke about it... XD
                      It's Christmas at Ground Zero - I read somewhere they CONSIDERED playing this at the site of the Towers in 2001... And then decided it'd be a WAY bad idea... I don't blame them, actually... XD; It's a fun song, but between the fact I think it was written in the 80's when making fun of the Cold War was pretty okay, and how NOT okay it is to make fun of 9/11 or anything remotely about it...
                      Carol of the Drunks - Actually, I only got this one recently, but it's a pretty funny song.

You know, I'm starting to wonder if we need our own CS Christmas List...
                      Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                        Has anyone mentioned the sin against man and nature that is Christmas Shoes yet? -.-
                        once - and I also agree that it should never be played!!

I worked (briefly) at a Christmas store (christmas all year 'round!) and so we played christmas music.... I got very tired of the bad 80's versions of songs very quickly, and so put in all instrumental music (a lot of the nutcracker) and i was perfectly happy with this - i got to see the scenes from Fantasia in my head...

I actually like the Hippo song, and also "Dominic the Christmas Donkey"... its cute...

but I LOVE (and mom finally found the album) Lorena McKennit's version of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" it has an old world feel to it (who'd ever think of belly-dancing to a christmas carol?) and all the rest of the songs on that same album are just a wonderful.

i hate the line in "Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer" that asks "But do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all...?" - Dude are you effing kidding me? the Most Famous do I recall him? of course I do - he's the only one any body talks about... i mean sure, the others get named in the story/poem but none of them have their own movies AND songs!!! ugh!!!

I hate "Santa Baby" it is the epitome of selfishness and greed that everybody on this site complains about at this time of year.... i mean really, this broad wants:
                        A car - light blue convertible
                        a Yaht
                        the deed to a Platinum mine
                        a ring (diamond most likely)
                        a sable (fur)
                        tree decorations bought at Tiffany
                        a duplex
                        and blank checks from Santa's acct...
                        - Seriously? and thinks that its "not a lot"... grrrr!

This is why i prefer to stick to my instrumental celtic christmas music!!

but if you want to see/hear somethingAMAZING <- check that out
                        the song is played on the instrument it was written for! *le happy sigh*
                        I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

The issue I have in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is that the other reindeer are total douchebags to Rudolph. It isn't until Rudolph helps them through dangerous weather conditions that they decide they were best friends with Rudolph all along. He doesn't need those kinds of friends.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I agree. Loreena can make music like nobody else can. She can even save the worst Christmas songs. But then again, she has the sense to pick fairly obscure songs to begin with rather than rehash what we all know and hate.
                            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

"The Restroom Door Said Gentlemen" is one I could listen to repeatedly. It cracks me up everytime I hear it.
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Back when I worked at the Big Blue Swedish Box there was one year where we sold a local fundraiser cd, therefore that cd got played non-stop every hour of every day. It had, *maybe* 7 songs on it. This is the title track (and worst offender): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYr9z0gTm2s

I can't even listen to it to make sure it's the right video because it still gives me a tic and insta-rage. *shudder*

Comment

Working...
                                X