This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delivery Drama

Not sure if this should go here or in CoC.

*BG: We have two baggers that are "challenged". Nice guys, but one of them really can't handle a fast cashier and/or an order that fills up the back belt more than once. Paired with a cashier (me) who has to keep their IPM up that's just a disaster waiting to happen*

So I was on register, and a HUGE delivery order came up. Two cartloads Once I type in the PLU for a delivery, I need to keep scanning and cannot stop to bag until the order is totaled out (cashiers aren't supposed to be bagging for deliveries, the register bag rack is too small but i sometimes bag meat or eggs separately in plastic so the meat doesn't leak/bagger knows to put the eggs on top). Each delivery slip has a number which we write on the paper bags, then pull the cart into the office hallway for the delivery driver.

I pull out a sheaf of paper bags and start writing the number on, then FEM barks at me to "let <bagger> do that, get the customer through". I give him the rest of the bags and marker as well as very specific instructions what to do, and watch him do two bags to make sure he gets it.

So I ring the order through, manager D jumps in to give the bagger a hand. At this point the unused paper bags are buried under groceries, so I can't check myself to see if the numbers are on them. The bagger has the marker, and won't give it to me anyway. Order gets completed, customer leaves, next customer.

Ten minutes later, I'm neck-deep in another delivery (D has sent the bagger to another lane that's not quite as busy), when I hear a commotion in the hallway.

There's another customer rooting through the bags that were just packed; apparently she thinks the cart is hers. A wants to know where the order is going (what number it is). Which should be on the bags....oh no. Tell me that did NOT not happen.

The bags in the top of the cart are not marked (I can see the ones I did squashed on the bottom). I know the number and D knows the number, but we can't leave the register. It's not A's "job" to write it on herself even though she's over there (come on, it's not like that was done on purpose).

When I'm able to get away and find a marker to finish the job, the order is already on the truck I hope they were able to figure it out from the number of bags that should be there...

If it were up to me, I would have both a cashier and bagger sign the delivery slip, but this was probably a once-in-a-zillion snafu.
    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 03-06-2012, 03:41 PM.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor
Working...
X