X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new department

Hello y'all...

Haven't been here in a few weeks. Switched departments and now I don't sit at a computer all day - thank god. Dispatch has been working overtime to get caught up from the weather we just had...

Which brings me to my life as a tow truck driver. It's been fun so far. The most amusing thing is when I hop out of the truck to greet the member and they have this look of shock on their face. I've gotten a few comments like, "I wasn't expecting YOU" or "You're the prettiest tow truck driver ever!" which makes me blush, but it's cute. No sucky members yet - but, of course, I will post any encounters here for y'all to read about!

I miss this board! It's always so highly entertaining!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Hey friendofjimmyk! I wondered where you disappeared to--glad to see that you haven't had any/many SC's as a tow truck driver. I'm a little surprised by that, considering some of the doozies that you've gotten over the phone. Maybe people calm down if they think you're going to hit them with a tow truck!

Seriously, though, glad to see that you're doing something that you enjoy more than dispatch--not that it was tough to top dispatch.
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
      No sucky members yet - but, of course, I will post any encounters here for y'all to read about!
      So currently an unagitated dot?
      ludo ergo sum

Comment

I'm sure we'll hear about it the first time some sexist assmunch doesn't think a woman can tow his car...
        "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
        "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
        My MySpace
        My LiveJournal

Comment

Ya, we ran her ragged.

Just kind of stared at the screen and drooled on ourselves. Least, thats what I did. It was so busy. I think at one time I counted 80 calls or so just waiting to be assigned. Our drivers did a great job getting people taken care of - including skipping lunches, my hats off to them ... even though she seems to get lost from time to time ..

>_>

<3

Comment

Quoth Rubber Ducky View Post
            Ya, we ran her ragged.

Just kind of stared at the screen and drooled on ourselves. Least, thats what I did. It was so busy. I think at one time I counted 80 calls or so just waiting to be assigned. Our drivers did a great job getting people taken care of - including skipping lunches, my hats off to them ... even though she seems to get lost from time to time ..

>_>

<3
            Hey now! That's not funny!! I think I do better than some of the other drivers who seem to call in all the freakin' time for directions!

Yes, I was so glad to be out of dispatch on those busy days we had just recently. I could just imagine sitting at the desk drooling on myself...ah, the good ol days.
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
              Hey friendofjimmyk! I wondered where you disappeared to--glad to see that you haven't had any/many SC's as a tow truck driver. I'm a little surprised by that, considering some of the doozies that you've gotten over the phone. Maybe people calm down if they think you're going to hit them with a tow truck!

Seriously, though, glad to see that you're doing something that you enjoy more than dispatch--not that it was tough to top dispatch.
              It's not that I didn't enjoy dispatching...it put to use my incredible multi-tasking skills - I just don't like office work...I did it for to long!

Comment

Coincidence she left shortly after I arrived?

doubtful!

Comment

Working...
                X