This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shhh its a secret!

Tomorrow some of the workers (at my place of employment) start our formal complaint process for workplace bullying and harrassment. Back pay ( many months worth) and a whole smack of other things Im not privy to tell you. But illegal and unethical things that would boggle your mind.

Only a few people work for my employer, but were just under 1/3rd of the total staff, but completely at the bottom of the totem pole.If were not satisfied with the internal process, are prepared to take.... further action. This will be the third lot of ....further action taken in the last 12 month period! (a similar number of staff filed complaints last year and no action was taken, 2 staff left I was one of the people hired to replace them). Ive been told that people in other departments are thinking about taking action as well.

I dont have the stomach for drama, I dont even have to speak in tomorrows meeting, and yet im tied up in knots, I can barely swallow. Wish me luck! I havent been sleeping or eating. I feel as if im cant breath sometimes the stress is really getting to me.

I cant say much more, Im under a confidentiality agreement, Im scared to even post at all, they use fear and intimidation and have threatened jobs before (and have fired people). I want to leave (all of us are actively looking for or already have jobs) and we will all be gone as soon as we are satisfied that we have fought the good fight.

The only reason Im still working there is because I cant live with myself knowing the next person who takes my job will be treated the same way, and that I havent done anything about it. I have no faith that anything will change, but I need to know that I stood up for my rights.

If you reply to this, please dont post any personal details about me (or where I work)
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Don't worry, what I know of you, is only that you are Kiwi and, that you post on this website
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Good luck and may the force be with you. Just try and stand together so they can't turn you against one another and exploit any weakness. Sometimes the good fight can wind up being painful and unpleasant but if you're truely sure that this is the only way then stand firm.

Like I said, Good luck.

Comment

Good luck.
        I had to put up with bullying in the workplace once. It was awful, i felt physically sick at the thought of going into work everyday because the boss was making my life and the lives of my co workers hell.
        We all ended up quitting on the same day. It was great

Comment

Kiwi, I really hope that this action somehow helps a bit, and that you're able to relax a bit. I'm pretty confident in saying "We're here anytime you need to bend an ear."
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

today we had the first of our meetings

it went... okay... we dont trust the individual who has been presented to mediate one iota (call me a cynic but I dont trust management either, go figure)

we are supposed to be meeting with him next week individually to talk about our "issues" I requested a full hour just for myself. He wanted to give us 10 minutes!

Nothing will change, he is just there to cover my employers butt and give some lip service. The staff went through this exact process last year and nothing changed. Still it will be interesting to see what comes of this and what they try to pull next.

Comment

Only 10 minutes to discuss issues? Optimistic, aren't they?
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post

If you reply to this, please dont post any personal details about me (or where I work)
                Kiwi is a fruit that tastes like banana and grapes had a baby. And somehow gained sentience to work in the real world and even type. *Ducks* Joking!

Comment

Good luck. Be strong! Keep us updated with how it's going.
                  No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Kiwi also tastes good when combined with strawberry!
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth IMAPseudonym View Post
                      Cute and fuzzy. That is all.
                      Not sure that's a good way to describe Kiwi the person, but agree to disagree...

I wish you good luck with your plight, Kiwi. I hope that you can either:

a) Be strong enough to see the change through to it's best possible outcome, OR
                      b) Be smart enough to realize that there is no point in saving a rotten apple (fruit pun NOT intended) and are able to get a job that is far better suited to the skills you possess, OR
                      c) Win the lottery, buy the company, fire the bully.

If it all seems like too much, remember that relief is only a click away!
                      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                        b) Be smart enough to realize that there is no point in saving a rotten apple (fruit pun NOT intended)
                        oh I know, Im not trying to save it, but Im not leaving without standing up and saying

"you bastards have no right treating people like that"

because they dont

Im biding my time before I go home for christmas anyway, might as well have some fun making the bullies squirm before I go right?

Comment

I'm sorry Kiwi... you were so excited about this job when it came up too BIG hats off to you for doing something about it though.
                          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I had my meeting yesterday morning for an hour and a half (my individual meeting)

the guy was useless and on my way home I made a decision

I wrote my resignation letter....took me three freaking hours to make it professional enough.

and handed it in this morning.

My boss, (the nicer one) was really sad, she asked if there was anything she could do to make me stay.....but understood why I had to go.

Once Im finished I will post parts of it.

Im really sad, and yet at the same time... not sad at all.

Comment

Working...
                            X