X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <reads kana's replies>

<silently hands kana the Tenth Doctor> :|
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

• *grabby hands*

*hugs for a bit and gives him back to Seraph*
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• *hugs Kana* Only thing I can say about the whole saga is WOW. Your mother is a real piece of work.
        Quoth Kanalah View Post
        When my daughter was diagnosed with autism she told me "kids like that are just monsters and the best thing to do with her is just put her in a home and forget about her."
        We recall that my grandmother said something similar about me...it was never clear if it had more to do with the autism (which was probably exacerbated by the way she treated me in general; if she treated me like I was crazy then I was going to fulfill that) or the fact that I was becoming a 'real' person with my own opinions.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Kanalah View Post
          When my daughter was diagnosed with autism she told me "kids like that are just monsters and the best thing to do with her is just put her in a home and forget about her."
          Ok, this makes me want to That is just a million kinds of wrong, right there.
          Quoth csquared View Post
          So how is it that such an evil and vile person raised such a good daughter? *not a real question. Just a compliment*
          I think Kanalah observed her mother, then resolved to do the exact opposite of what she did.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• Quoth muppet101 View Post
            Step moms are real moms.
            Thanks, I knew I was forgetting someone.

Fluff-brained moms (ie, me!) are real moms!
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• Well when I was a kid it was the "If I don't do it, then it won't get done and I'll be punished for it not getting done."

Now that I have kids it's more like "what did mom do? Okay don't do that."

Honestly I feel pretty lucky. From all the junk that's happened to me, I know that I can handle a lot of stuff. I also can spot BS a mile away now. I have to think of the positive as much as I can, otherwise I'll be a crying mess.

Comment

• Quoth XCashier View Post

Fluff-brained moms (ie, me!) are real moms!
                Absolutely!

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                  Motherhood is not determined by giving birth to a child. Motherhood is determined by RAISING the child.
                  In the words of a country song (from the other side of the gene pool) "Any fool can make a baby, it takes a man to raise a child".

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  And that their ashes will go in the cat box.
                  And hope nobody calls the SPCA.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• I think it all depends on where we end up living. If we're in VA she won't want to move out there.

I honestly feel bad for my sis. She's 26 now and can't hold down a job for longer then a couple of weeks. She doesn't want to cook or pick up after herself and instead relies on my mom to pay her bills and credit card. Mom worships the ground she walks on and I shudder to think what will happen to sis when mom passes on.

Comment

• Oh I can't believe I forgot about the phone call lady!

We had this lady that I guess was just dense. She called once just as the big store was opening and asked me about the store's history. I told her we used to be in a bordello and now we opened up a larger store. A couple of months later she called asking if we were an adult store. My brain actually did the BSOD on that one.

And because one of my suppliers listed my cell # as the store # I *still* get random phone calls from suppliers/rival stores/customers! One time someone even called me at 5:30am on black friday!

Comment

• Sorry, but that one's kinda understandable. "Toy store" is also used as a euphemism...meaning ADULT toys. Only makes sense for being in a former bordello....
                        "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                        - H. Beam Piper

Comment

• Quoth Kanalah View Post
                          I shudder to think what will happen to sis when mom passes on.
                          She's gonna expect you take over.

Comment

• "Well at least my kid can kill McBeth you flat faced, amoeba brained, hedge monkey!"
                            I look forward to the day I can tell my son, "You are not of woman born, but were fron your mother's womb untimely ripp'd."

And I can kind of see bordello -toy store- adult shop. If the lady wasn't listening very well the first time she called.
                            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                              I look forward to the day I can tell my son, "You are not of woman born, but were fron your mother's womb untimely ripp'd."
                              I totally forgot about that quote. I'm going to have to make good use of it. hmmmmmm (I need a gif of Montgomery Burns wringing his hands).
                              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                              HR believes the first person in the door
                              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                              Document everything
                              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

• Quoth wagegoth View Post
                                I totally forgot about that quote. I'm going to have to make good use of it. hmmmmmm (I need a gif of Montgomery Burns wringing his hands).
                                Not animated, but I hope it works for you.

PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                                X