This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOARRR PLZZZZZ
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
      MOARRR PLZZZZZ
      Careful, thats a Kiwi flailing there. Gotta watch out for them. Its like, another .75 Seraphs of flailing in one go.
      "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
      Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Oh dang, this is gonna be good!
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Part Eleventy

Despite being a toy store, I was having a fairly nice summer. I had some baby chew toys and I was selling a ton of car travel toys. As long as it wasn't priced above $10, it was flying out. I still wasn't on good terms with a lot of the other shop owners, despite my best efforts to play nice. I was making sure their rooms were clean and neat, learning about what they sell and always did my best to tell customers what wonderful people they were. Meanwhile they were telling people that the shop was nice enough to have a playroom so they could shop in peace!

I will admit, I saw red at this point. But instead of ripping their heads off and spitting down their necks, I was a good girl. Besides, I was gearing up for Christmas again. When hubs and I went to June Market (which is the Christmas one) we got our paperwork in order so we could do market by ourselves. There was an incredible amount of paperwork required. 6 months of tax returns, merchandise receipts, notarized statements - the whole shebang. I even asked the lady if she wanted a note from my mother, who was standing behind us.

So we were expecting another very busy holiday season and now we would have the back stock to handle it. I asked how much a shelf in the storage room would be, and Mom and Gma told me they weren't renting them out again until the holidays were over. Wonderful. So one night I pulled everything out of my room, swept and mopped really well, then rearranged my room to have lots of hidden storage for all my overstock. My little room was looking pretty awesome.

Of course there was more wrenches thrown into the mix before my perfect awesome Christmas.
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

The nice thing about having been eaten by a Grue for a few days has been that I got to read a lot of this in one go.

The bad thing is I still see cliffhangers. Also certain amount of rage. But that could be my default state of being, unsure.

(Rage at the other owners, course)

Comment

I did find my old photos, so I'll be scanning and uploading those.

You lucky lucky people.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                I remember you posting about a Sighting where someone disbelieved you could quilt an elephant; the proof in your pictures is astonishingly good.
                I just saw that too; that quilt is beautiful! Those elephants are wonderful.

And I am definitely curious about the rest of the story. Frankly, I'm a bit upset that your own mother and grandmother took the other shopkeepers' side against you, their own flesh and blood. I do hope you got what was due to you.
                Last edited by XCashier; 05-02-2012, 04:43 PM.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Part Twelve

The first thing to happen is one of the people I was working for moved out, in moved a lady who embellished baby clothes. She also sold baby toys, so my awesome new ones had to go. We also had a new renter in the room next to me who sold metal work from Mexico. Really nice couple, but they got along really well with the jewelry ladies. We also had a group of ladies who quilted move in. Apparently that was okay since the quilts in the book room were not handmade. Hypocrisy much?

The new quilt ladies hated that I had quilts hanging on my walls. I already sold all the quilts I had except for those 3 twins. They insisted I either take them down or make them display only. I had no place to store them, so I would only put the price tags on them when I was working. Yes I was getting really fed up by this point. I was shocked that not only were Mom and Gma not following the rules that they made, but also supporting the other shop owners in harassing me.

One of the larger corner rooms became vacant just before the holidays. I would've loved to have it for toys, but the jewelry, metal and baby clothes people thought it would be just wonderful to have a "bordello history room". Uhm this store has been a family-friendly establishment for over 20 years. Putting in a mini prostitution museum is fun for adults, but I had a very large suspicion that I would have more "guests" in my room to pick up after.

The metal work people bought a bed, and the book room people threw a quilt on it, and put more of their quilts around to sell. There were a couple of heavy locked cases with stuff. Mostly it just attracted a lot of giggling teenagers. And of course, more parents just sent their kids to play while they shopped. (Devil's Advocate: I honestly don't blame the parents, most of the store is "look but don't touch"/breakable and the other workers were telling them my room was a play room.)

Comment

I think I see where this is going.

So were they just giving away your stuff?
                    Meeeeoooow.....
                    Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

I love the fact that the new people are getting precedence over you as to what to sell and you are the one having to remove the items from your shop. Hardly fair.
                      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Part Thirteen

During all this hubs picked up a nice contractor job. When he was hired, he was told he'd have to wait 45 days for his first check. Then the job boss kept pushing it back and pushing it back. After hubs had worked for 90 days(!) without getting a check, we had to hire a lawyer to get boss to pay up. So that was taking up a lot of my patience.

And now to the conspiracy and what I did about it. I noticed discrepancies between my inventory counts and my checks. I went digging through the sales tickets. I found that things from my room were being sold at a discount! I went back over to my room to make sure I didn't have an old sale sign lying around anywhere. Of course I had thrown them away myself - not in the store trash either. So then I checked the dates on the tickets with who was working on that day.

Holy cow. Turns out when certain people were working, I was having a sale. Anywhere from 50-75% off! So yeah I was selling the same amount I had been, but I was now losing money hand over fist! The jewelry ladies, book couple, quilt ladies, baby clothes lady and Health Issues Lady were all in on it. I was beyond livid. Honestly at that point I wanted payback, but I had to be nice. I knew if I brought it up at a meeting, they'd feign ignorance and sweet-talk the owners. No, I was going to have to be subtle.

Comment

I thought I smelled a rat!

So...whachu do?
                          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
                            Careful, thats a Kiwi flailing there. Gotta watch out for them. Its like, another .75 Seraphs of flailing in one go.
                            o.O I ... think that might be part-compliment to me, part warning towards Kanalah

... MOArrRRRrRrrRRRR

I R SAD waiting for updates
                            Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                            What's the difference?
                            We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

By Gygax's Galloping Ghost, MOAR!
                              *~*THIS SIG HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN THE ARMSTRONG LINE FOR GENERATIONS!*~*

It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.-Elijah Snow

Comment

Something's rotten in the state of Hallmark...
                                This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                                I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
                                X