This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDEAS Needed... please.

Okay, so we are allowed to do all kinds of fun things to drive up revenue.
    Such as we're going to have a blow out parking lot sale with a local radio station, free food, charity drive, dancing- the whole nine. Like a party-sale.

Another thing we're talking about is getting a big plasma tv and a X360 and having a video game tournament for charity.

A haunted house (come Halloween)- also for charity.

A "Good Grades" free rental reward for kids who maintain a B average or higher.

Yes, we expect that people will come to the store for these fun/charity events and then, you know, spend money with us also.

I'm looking for suggestions for events. What would YOU enjoy?

Disclaimer:
    No, these events cannot have alcohol or scantily clad women... LOL!
    Think FAMILY oriented.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

We are not allowed, to have a video game tournament, becuase it would be bad for business. Seriously, I mentioned about doing a tournament, that way, we can bring in more money, more business, and that way, they can know that our shop exists. Also giving the winner, an anime series that costs in the bracket, of how ever much we brought in - letting them choose BTW. Everyone thought it was a good idea, but the main owner shot it down, becuase he is paranoid dumbass. Our first day, we got a letter in the mail, asking if we had a catalog. It was a good question, but the main owner, thought, that the person asking for one, that he is trying to shut us down.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Give a karaoke contest a try?

Or, as a very struggling musician myself, in a band, hold a small concert somewhere and then a free showing of a movie.

Uhh......Bikini Pageant?

Talent Show?

Dunking Booth!!!!!!

Comment

Face painting?

No, not as is "dunk-face-in-paint-and-smear-on-surface". But a couple of people on stools, painting patterns, masks, flowers, symbols etc. on childrens (or adults) faces.

I remember one lady doing that to my brothers at the Children's Carnival when they were around 5. Male toddlers with Ladybug-faces is a scary thing indeed.
        "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Whoever said that "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.

Comment

Around here, the "Tase of (Yourtown)" things do pretty well. You know, contact a few local restaurants with different ethnic fare. It can be a win win in that you're getting more people to your shop, and the restaurants will probably enjoy the plug as well.

Comment

How bout some kind of movie trivia game? You could do one geared towards kids and another towards adults...
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth nick1091 View Post
              Around here, the "Tase of (Yourtown)" things do pretty well. You know, contact a few local restaurants with different ethnic fare. It can be a win win in that you're getting more people to your shop, and the restaurants will probably enjoy the plug as well.
              Taste of (mytown) == Me working 10½ hours, constantly cooking more crap on-demand, nasty shrimp, as well as shoveling
              I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
              less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Show a movie outdoors on a big screen? Need warm weather of course.

Comment

Thank-you to those of you who have given ideas

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
                  Show a movie outdoors on a big screen? Need warm weather of course.
                  It's Florida... we have more than our fair share.
                  "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                  HellGate: London

Comment

Just a few ideas.

Here locally we have a pretty prominate artist who in addition to his other projects does caricatures, they look kind of like http://www.caricatures.com/ . He gets hired out for parties, and special events like grand openings and other things. These are always fun with the kids (I have no idea what an artist would charge for something like this though).

Another idea would be a special where they rent any new release and get a free family/kids rental at the same time, some type of family pack.

Partner with local pizza places, they place your coupons on their boxes and you hand out their coupons with your rentals.

Also, what type of product are you trying to focus on the most, Video Rentals, Video Games, Previously Viewed (used). If PPV's then deals where you get a buy 2 for 20/ 3 for 25. or a nothing over $9.99 sell. Yeah I used to be a PPV whore : )
                    My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

one that works pretty well up here is "charity car wash"-get volunteers in shorts and t-shirts(non-white), and someone with a sign car wash $5, wash done with cheaper soap, bought in bulk of course-
                      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

how about a weekly movie trivia question?, every week post a trivia question at the registers where anyone can guess and have their name put in a drawing that could be held at the end of the week, the winner gets their choice of either a 1 free movie or game rental.

Comment

You could run an event at a bowling alley or perhaps host a picnic with some friendly competitions (three legged races, etc.).

If you're looking to go a little bigger, maybe a baseball or basketball tournament and charge an entry fee for each team.

You could run a poker/euchre/some other card game tournament and charge a flate rate to play, have prizes, not money for the winners.

Comment

A big old raffle? 2 bucks a ticket and have some cool prize? You could have one big prize and then several smaller prizes, and see if you can get the radio station to advertize it. like have a stereo as the main prize (like a 100 dollar one) and then also have a CD and a movie or something?

Comment

Working...
                            X