X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I rang in sick

2nd time this month.

I was fatigued, did not consider myself fit to fly and could not face an 11 hour day. And unlike most jobs you are not allowed to fly with colds and your ears could burst and not being fit to fly could cause serious problems in an emergency situation.

Since I started flying I have never been so tired or so ill!
    No longer a flight atttendant!

Sounds like someone needs a vacation Hope you are feeling better soon.

My parents have a friend who is mostly deaf in one ear because her eardrum burst on a flight. Now she avoids flying if she can. They're driving to Virginia and taking the auto-train for their upcoming trip to Florida...can't say I blame her.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Thanks Well I have my rostered 3 days off now. And next week looks a lot quiter unless they change all my standbys!

Ouch, I feel sorry for your parent's friend. I am always really wary about flying if my ears are funny as the job isn't worth my hearing!
      No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Yeah, I have ear problems to begin with, which is one reason I don't like flying. (Chronic ear infections as a kid, ear tubes when I was 15, and tinnitis since I was 14.) Last time I flew I got dizzy and had to sit down while the rest of my group was getting their bags (this was after the little puddle jumper flight from Miami to Key West) and we were at the hotel before my ears finally popped. I definitely couldn't do your job. I you.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Can't blame you for feeling sick so often. You work in a place with poor air circulation for long hours with hundreds of people stewing in their own germs. I usually feel like crap by the time I disembark...I can't imagine doing that over and over and over.
          -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
          -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Working...
          X