This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Fired deathwish?

Ever done outrageous things at work you think you could have gotten fired over but didn't?

I got two.

I punched the Store manager's boss for making me jump (I had a hot metal pan of heavy bread in my hands and he thought it'd be funny to sneak up behind me and go BWAH!)

I dressed up as a zombie on Halloween using the store's old uniform and acted the part all day, shuffling, grumbling, chasing kids, the works. Note that I was the only one in costume. When asked, I said I was either dresed as Provigo's music, that if they think I look bad they should see the other guy or that traffic was murder outside.

Surprisingly, I got asked a lot more work related questions than usually, and they believed me on the first go, didn't go get a second opinion or nothing.
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

I flipped off a co-irker who barked at me to do something she was supposed to do.

Unfortunately, somebody noticed and narced on me. The next time she saw me, she chewed my ass in private.

Scary thing was, one of the managers was around and wanted to listen in.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

My video game addict closet case ex boyfriend still works with me......unfortunately, on the other side of the room. If he happens to see me and we catch each other eyes, he never lets an opportunty slip to curl his lip up at me and roll his eyes, as if to say "Look at how great I am without you!"......loser.

One night I was in one of my moods....I was literally slamming carts against the wall and hyperventalating (I can't remember what my problem was). Just as luck would have it, Moron strolls by on the other side of the window and stops, curls up his lip, rolls his eyes, and does a mini "harummph!". At that moment, I threw a packet of paper at the window and gave him the double flip off.

I know he narced on me. He is a total asskisser, I should have known better. All the higher ups in the department kind of looked down on me for a week or two for treating their "star employee" like garbage.......but oddly enough, no one ever said a WORD to me about it. Weird.

I could have gotten myself a round trip ticket to HR that very morning and probably could have been fired. Moron knows how to play games like that, I wonder why he didn't press the issue....hmmm....

That incident opened my eyes to the fact that I won't risk losing my job over a sociopathic loser like that. Anytime I can tell he's on the other side, I look away and will not look back. It's worked so far.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I didn't think I was at the time, but I slapped a male employee (playfully and definitely NOT hard enough to make a mark) and a customer narced on me. funny thing, I heard I was reported from a fellow employee and none of the higher ups ever mentioned it to me.
        "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
        -FSTDT

Comment

We have a very expensive and very high tech door that guards the art from the public, you have to have an eletronic key and codes and all this crap to open the door

It also has metal slides that you have to pull out by hand, they slide into even more security things for the door, the click when they are all the way out, and they HAVE to be all the way out to allow the door to open.

I didnt pull one out all the way in my first week and up the door goes... about 3 inches and then stops...... $700 later the door is fixed.

My bad.
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Yeah, when I was at Walmart, I took my breaks. They kinda look down on you if you a cart guy.
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

this one is recent. moving a washer and i snaped the dial part off. woops

800 bucks right there >.<
              Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Working...
              X