This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth COMINATCHA
    I don't want to be in a job that is based on the way I look.
    Then don't be.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF. Period. End of conversation.

Go get another job- one that doesn't put you in this sort of self-depreciating predicament.

We can tell you all day that you're pretty and skinny and whatever but until you decide you are happy with you- none of it will really matter.
      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
      HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth Ree
        Then don't be.
        Seconded.

Face it Comi, you are a pretty girl who was hired to be a dancing piece of eye candy in a place full of drunken, leacherous losers. I'm not so sure it's a coincidence that you keep finding yourself in the company of total bastards when you're off the clock. Your boss calling you fat should be the least of your worries, at this point. You spend too much of your time in a totally unhealthy enviornment, and you deserve better than that.

Please, for the love of god, do what you have to do to get a different job and get the hell out of the dancing business! (You can always go out dancing when you want to once you're done with your 9-5 for the day. )
        "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

I've already quit!!

Yes, I am now un-employed.

Last night was the last straw, I could not even bring myself to get ready for work, I was just dreading it. So I rang my boss and told him I won't be in again. He didn't have much to say to that, I guess he will have to scrounge up someone else to annoy.
          After I made that call, I went to the freezer, and ate some icecream

My mum is really happy, she never liked me working there. Now she's all keen to help me find a course to study. I'd rather get a better full-time job, but will have to explore my options before I decide. I get my new car next week (i'll post pics when I get it), so I really think I need to be working in order to pay my mum back the money that she loaned me A.S.A.P. I'll see how things go.

*burns stupid skimpy clothing*
          I ride the time, it unfolds a new day,
          another time, this world would fade away
          To find true love, is like no other joy,
          our choice is here
          be happy for today

Comment

Good for you Comi! Starving yourself for a job is a horrible idea. Besides, anorexia isn't sexy. You are so beautiful as you are. You don't need to change yourself.
            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

i second what greenday said since he said it before me

Comment

Well Cominatcha, good luck in your job search. Hope you find a better place to work at.

P.S. Everyone knows ice-cream is calories and fat free after a stressful day
                I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Glad you made your escape, Comi!!!!!!!!!! Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

definitely; don't starve yourself because one idiot makes an inappropriate comment.

a little extra is better than a lot under; i have some extra too, but i don't beat myself up over it. if they like it, fine; if they don't, i'm good with that too!

any guy in his right mind would pick a girl that doesn't starve herself over one that does; we all worry about weight, but when it controls everything you do, then it's a serious problem

your boss can bugger off big time.
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Comi,

It seems I'm jumping into this thread a bit late, so here's what I have to say to all of it.

1) You don't even know the meaning of fat. In fact, I have about 150 lbs on my body that I don't particularly need, and you're welcome to take it from me.

2) Your now ex boss is an insensitive prick.

3) Like some others here, I don't particularly find a visible ribcage attractive. From what I can tell from the pics I've seen on your MSN space, you could probably go on the Supersize Me diet for three months and I'd still think you're hot. If you got much skinnier than that, I'd probably pass you up.

4) Starving yourself is never the way to go. If your body notices it isn't getting enough food, your metabolism WILL slow down, resulting in a total loss of energy and quite possibly even more weight GAINED (it doesn't make sense at first glance, but it's true).

5) Ice cream is totally the right way to go for getting over this. Especially peanut butter cup ice cream.

6) If you're still having self-esteem issues, MSN me and we'll talk for a while. If you catch me in a particularly depressed mood, I could probably convince you that you're royalty compared to my pathetic piece of crap life.

7) My personal advice would be to go back to school but keep a part-time job while you're doing that to cover personal expenses and your debt to your mom. You will be able to come up with a much better job with a degree than without one.

8) Before you throw out the skimpy clothes, take a few pictures for the enjoyment of us CS guys
                      "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
                      "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
                      My MySpace
                      My LiveJournal

Comment

Quoth SuperDan
                        Comi,

It seems I'm jumping into this thread a bit late, so here's what I have to say to all of it.

1) You don't even know the meaning of fat. In fact, I have about 150 lbs on my body that I don't particularly need, and you're welcome to take it from me.

2) Your now ex boss is an insensitive prick.

3) Like some others here, I don't particularly find a visible ribcage attractive. From what I can tell from the pics I've seen on your MSN space, you could probably go on the Supersize Me diet for three months and I'd still think you're hot. If you got much skinnier than that, I'd probably pass you up.

4) Starving yourself is never the way to go. If your body notices it isn't getting enough food, your metabolism WILL slow down, resulting in a total loss of energy and quite possibly even more weight GAINED (it doesn't make sense at first glance, but it's true).

5) Ice cream is totally the right way to go for getting over this. Especially peanut butter cup ice cream.

6) If you're still having self-esteem issues, MSN me and we'll talk for a while. If you catch me in a particularly depressed mood, I could probably convince you that you're royalty compared to my pathetic piece of crap life.

7) My personal advice would be to go back to school but keep a part-time job while you're doing that to cover personal expenses and your debt to your mom. You will be able to come up with a much better job with a degree than without one.

8) Before you throw out the skimpy clothes, take a few pictures for the enjoyment of us CS guys
                        RE: 1) I think what that should say, is that the boss doesn't know the meaning of the word.

I know I am not fat. Yes I have put on a bit of weight, but it doesn't mean i'm FAT. But when you compared me to all the other girls I was working with, they were so skinny that I probably DID look chubby. That's what I was talking about, which is why I got out of there. Now that i'm back in the real world (lol) I'm not so critical of myself, and I don't get anxious about how I look and whether i'm going to be scrutinised over my body. I'm happier already. If I had stayed there any longer then I think I could have ended up sick.

I actually have a sneaking suspision that it wasn't a coincidence that a bunch of new girls were hired at the same time I was insulted...?

I'm still going to try and lose that little bit of weight though, just for myself

RE: 8)
                        our choice is here
                        be happy for today

Comment

please dont try to lose any weight
                          being able to see a girls bones is a major turnoff for most if not all guys
                          i dont think your that skinny but unless you really think you need to lose weight yourself, please dont, you look great the way you are

Comment

Quoth Ryu
                            please dont try to lose any weight
                            being able to see a girls bones is a major turnoff for most if not all guys
                            i dont think your that skinny but unless you really think you need to lose weight yourself, please dont, you look great the way you are
                            Thanks for the compliment, but I never said I was going to diet to the extreme of having bones sticking out. When you say 'you look great the way you are' that is based on photos of me BEFORE i put on this bit of weight, so i'm just trying to get back to that. All is good, don't worry. I will never become a stick insect
                            our choice is here
                            be happy for today

Comment

Comi, quitting that job was best decision. Your ex-boss is nothing but a sleazebag. You are beautiful just the way you are. Don't let nobody tell you otherwise.
                              Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

You've put on weight because YOU'RE HAPPY!!! You said so yourself. Ain't nuthin' wrong with THAT!

If you feel you have to lose a couple of pounds go ahead and start watching the diet. Work out a lot though, aye? Because since you were a dancer, you were doing a lot of exercise at work. Now that you're not, if you don't keep up that level of exercise, you may gain even more weight.

I suspect that you are now that kind of size where there's a bit of flesh, something to grab, but you can still pull off hipsters and crop tops. Wear clothes that flatter your actual figure, not the stupid stick insect skimpy things you had to wear as a dancer, and you might even find that you love it the way you are.

Comment

Working...
                                X