Clear All

• Quoth sweetj82 View Post
    -show up in slippers pjs and hair in curlers
    -ask if pjs can be worn to work
    -tell me that girls always try and have sex with you
    All the same person? O_o

Comment

• - come into fill out an app
      - when handing in said app comment on how you'd like to "do that hot chick that just left"
      - promptly discover said "hot chick" is hiring managers wife.
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

• Quoth Hobbs View Post
        All the same person? O_o
        3 diff people but i had a few people show for interveiws in pj pants

Comment

• Ok here's one, and it just seems fitting that I saw this thread because the perpetrator is currently sitting in my living room using the desktop.

He's a neighbor that has borrowed the phone on occasion for interviews when he runs out of minutes on his. He came over for an interview one day, and I had to walk out of the room before I choked because of some of the things he was saying. You don't tell a potential employer that you have a problem with punctuality and that's why you got fired. You don't tell them that your home based (aka ebay) business was taking up too much time, so you slacked off your official job and they fired you. I can't remember what else he said, but it was clear they were dumping his application as soon as he hung up. He doesn't take jobs seriously, and has poor communication skills (he is so scattered and talks to fast, it's painful to have a conversation with him.).

Comment

• When asked how you feel working with people with mental and/or physical disability's answer

"I'll just ignore them, as long as they don't bother me, it will be fine"
            Last edited by Mr. Security; 04-04-2010, 01:27 AM.

Comment

• The temp agency I'm working with has a sign in their lobby that says, "If you have children present, you will not be interviewed". It baffles me that this was enough of a problem that they needed a sign.
              Random Doctor Who quote:
              "I'm sorry about your coccyx, too, Miss Grant."

I has a gallery: deviantART gallery.
              I also has a "funny" blog: Aqu Improves Her Craft

Comment

• Wear an outfit like you are going to a club for the night, high heels, the works. Then freak out when ever an animal in the office touches you. (We have many) THEN when the office gives you a shot at the job anyway, wear similar clothes for training, but replace the heels for flip flops. Forcing your trainer to loan you the extra clothes and spare running shoes she keeps in the back seat. Just so she doesn't have to watch you shiver all day.
                Keep in mind this is A) a job where you run around all day caring for animals. and
                B) it was 30-40 degree weather and raining during the time I was forced to train her.
                This girl didn't get the job but sadly we have hired girls like this before. Every time it's been a mistake too.
                I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

• This actually did happen to me - my very first job, too!
                  1) Have an interview with the vast insurance company who are holding one of their recruitment drives.
                  2) 2 or 3 weeks later, get a letter from them on a Wednesday saying they are offering you a job and please start work the following Monday
                  3) Ring up the HR department and say you'd love to, but there's just one small problem.....Part of you is being held together by stitches at that moment.

Yes, in between the interview and the job offer, my appendix decided to walk out on me after 17 happy years together. I had only come out of hospital 2 days before the letter arrived.
                  I was worried I'd lose the post, but they said they'd hold it open for me until my doctor said I could start (I began about a month late). Bless 'em.......
                  Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

• I still can't believe this happened.

A few days ago, I was bagging and overheard a woman talking to one of my managers, and there was a young man there (about 16-18) and she was a bit pissed off about something. Couldn't really make out what, I assumed she was a customer.

Ah, you'd like to THINK that, wouldn't you?

Here's a very good way to not get hired:

If you put in a job application, and haven't heard back, maybe call by phone, don't have your MOTHER come to the store and bully the managers into looking at your application!

I couldn't believe it! No wonder he didn't get the job if his Mom's a) gonna go psycho and b) has to do all the follow-ups for him! He didn't even say anything, he was just looking at magazines and stuff. Wow.
                    http://www.customerssuck.com/?p=7499
                    Now appearing in comic form!

Comment

• Show up for the interview wearing headphones and listening to your iPod, even during the interview because, "I can hear you just fine!"
                      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

• Have a panic attack during the interview...

(They figured if I couldn't handle the pressure of applying, fast food really wasn't the place for me.)
                        "Did you at least ascertain the nature of his curse so that I may know the monstrosity that I face? ... A GIRL? He was... Turned into a girl? WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?" -EGS http://egscomics.com

Comment

• Not entirely the applicants fault, but it did result in a loss of a job offer:

Be completely qualified and amazing, for a sensitive position where a google search will be performed and results scrutinized where upon: You have a facebook page, and a friend posts to your wall talking about drug use which you don't remove. A publicly viewable facebook page.

Offer was not extended since applicant did not show proper discretion for this delicate matter from his personal life.

Comment

• Apply for a job at a cinema, stating you don't want to work evenings or weekends.
                            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

• Quoth cinema guy View Post
                              Apply for a job at a cinema, stating you don't want to work evenings or weekends.
                              Cinemas are open other than nights and weekends?
                              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                                Cinemas are open other than nights and weekends?
                                The one I usually go to usually has a first showing of about 11am, which is nice and uncluttered when I'm on a day off

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                                X