X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Callbacks

Hi, all!
    I'm training for a new job at work. We're supposed to call customers the day before we install phone service to their businesses just to confirm that we're coming. Then we call them the day afterwards to make sure it's working.
    But I have a little concern about this. Will there be some customers who think we're soliciters and cop an attitude, when we call them?
    If any of you do work similar to this, I'd like to hear from you. Thanks!

Er...
    When the DM worked out of our back room at Chesterfield, we had an all stores meeting one Sunday, and the DM (who I hated with a passion) told us, when we made calls for reservations, we should start ending the calls with stuff like: "And don't forget, we have shelving units on sale, two for $20." or what have you.
    Up went my hand. "That seems an awful lot like making a sales call. Unless we'll be getting paid to deal with that sort of abuse, it's not going to happen."
    I was a bit more polite than that, but you get the idea.
    The SM for my store came over after the meeting was over. "I'm glad you brought that up, Juwl. I just know someone else was thinking it."
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I would say try to get in the reason for the call right off the bat, ie "This is dougiezerts from PhoneCompany, calling to confirm your installation appointment for tomorrow, blah blah." or "This is dougiezerts from PhoneCompany, calling to verify there are no problems with yesterday's installation." If you just say "This is Company, may I speak to Soandso," I would be more likely to think 'telemarketer'...
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Thanks for your advice. I'm considering saying, "I'm just calling to confirm your appointment for tomorrow, March whatever." Sound good?

Comment

I enjoy when places call to confirm an appointment. Because I've had companies, utilites, what have you not show up, or try and argue with me that my appointment was a different time than I knew it was (I actually called to confirm it).

Anyway, I know there are some odd/dumb people out there who will get pissed off, but I would like those calls myself. Nice to know the company cares what happens at my home.

Comment

Quoth dougiezerts View Post
            Thanks for your advice. I'm considering saying, "I'm just calling to confirm your appointment for tomorrow, March whatever." Sound good?
            Sounds good to me. good luck with the new gig
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I always enjoy them, calling to confirm about something. Unlike the carpet company, saying that they had the appointment set for a week later.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
              X