This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go away, I don't need you to help me bag

When it's really busy at Wal-Mart the registers can have lines a mile long. So the CSM's call for all register trained associates & baggers to come to the front. & from time to time I get people who are more than willing to help me bag BUT I tell them that I'm fine, I don't want their help. EVEN IF I have an enormous line of people at my register. I'm a pretty fast cashier & having a bagger slows me down to the point that it affects my speed.
    I've had associates go over to the CSM podium & say..."She doesn't want a bagger!" I get looks like this----> Maybe IF I was a slow cashier I might want a bagger but I know what I'm doing & they just get in my way.
    Sometimes I've had to snap at people cause they don't seem to grasp that I don't want their help.

I feel the same way about other staff "helping" me bag! Can't stand having someone at my elbow trying to grab stuff from me...we HAVE a neat, efficient routine for ringing a customer's purchases, wrapping them, taking payment, printing receipts, handing cards and receipts back to customers...which I have trained all new staff at so each customer is taken care of with courtesy and speed! That's one of the first things I show new people, is how to ring in and wrap purchases in such a way so that not a second is wasted.

To anyone who wants to stand there and bag for me...I realize that you just want to help, but please...go find yourself another task to do, that actually needs doing! Go help your own customer!

Comment

At Maccas, sometimes a manager and another crew-person will do 'back-ups.' They stand at the main order screen, and when a new order comes up, they put it in a bag and bring it over. It's the server's job to do drinks and ice-creams. Sometimes they're too fast, though, and a customer's changed their mind or tripled the order size from when they first saw it. Usually it's really good, though. Customers order and before they can dig their wallet out from their pocket, their meal's in front of them.
      Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
      Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
      <3 Arrested Development

Comment

Working...
      X