This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the countdown has begun

Bossman will retire as of March 31. He and I had a special meeting, so I was the first employee to know (which he has promised). You should have seen the looks on people's faces when they saw us together (we were at a local custard place, and a ton of regs were there for lunch).

The good news? I WON'T be manager!

Maybe someday I will be ready for it, but I know that I'm not ready now. The one odd thing is that the new manager isn't being trained at our store, which I think is a huge mistake.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Culver's?

Anyhoo, congrats!!!!
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
      The one odd thing is that the new manager isn't being trained at our store, which I think is a huge mistake.
      BN does this. They will have a new manager train for a few weeks at another store, so when they get into the store they will be managing, they already have a grasp of the procedures, at least. I guess to make it at least feel like they are more knowledgable than their employees. Even though they never are, anyway.

hee!! I love this guy:
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

My understanding of this policy was so that the "MIT" wouldn't make friends with the staff that later could undermine his/her authority. They come in as a manager, with that title, and don't have to train with the staff...
        I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
        "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

The thing is, the training center isn't a gas station, it's just a C-store. We are a gas station/C-store with a car wash, so the training would be better any place then where it is taking place, preferably at a store with a car wash. Trust me on this. Our car wash is the worst. I have broken our car wash before. LOL.

And when the new manger actually starts at our place, I will be training said manager in the nuances of our particular store.

Comment

Slight change.

Our interim manager will be training with me, maybe as early as Thursday, but definately on Friday. We may have him a for a couple weeks, a couple months, or maybe even forever.

Now I'll have to get in the habit of keeping my shirt tucked in and my nametag on. :Þ

Comment

grrrrrrrr

IM still hasn't come in on my shift. I think this is because I'm going to be on 1st shift the next few weeks, and will presumably be working with him then. The thing of it is, it was HIS idea to work all 3 shifts to see how things work on each, etc.

Comment

Heh...management material, for sure.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Definite managment material there . .

Be glad you're not with the Kitty . . . they like to switch their store managers around every few months. I've only been at my current store since November and we don't have the same manager that was there when I was transferred.

Everytime a manager gets promoted, it seems as if Corporate has to switch several store managers around within the area. Sames goes if we get a new DM, which just happened recently.

We peons suspect it's done so that none of us can get a raise. . .
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

update

The interim manager and I had a meeting yesterday, to discuss a battle plan.

He'll be watching over us until we get the new manager at mid-month, and then he'll watch over the new manager til the end of the month.

He's planning on giving people a few more duties so the store runs itself better, so he can concentrate on other things (watching the tapes, etc.)

I have absolutely no problem with this, but I can think of a coworker or two, who more than likely will have major problems with this. Oh, well.

We'll see how things go.

Comment

Working...
                    X