Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first paycheque... I bought a bunch of White Wolf gaming manuals, and lunch.

...who geek me? no never!

Comment

Video Games and Magic: The Gathering cards.
      Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
        I :heart: Oingo Boingo! The Dead Man's Party album is always a main stay in my music collection.

Even now.

*puts on headphones and blasts No One Lives Forever*
        TOTALLY OT: Oingo Boingo played at my high school's multi-purpose room waaaaaaaaay back before they were even Oingo Boingo in the early 70's. I used to think it was a weird urban legend until we found real pictures of them playing in my yearbook class and some ripped tickets in a box labelled "miscellaneous." Apparently, tickets were $5.00 each, and included PTA chaperones at the door (this was mentioned on the ticket stubs). I didn't think it was real until I SAW THE PICTURES MYSELF!!! I instantly thought my high school was cool after that!
        Do I dare
        Disturb the universe?
        In a minute there is time
        For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

T.S. Eliot

Comment

A few Beanie Babies and some other stuff.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I dropped out of school when I was 15 and was too young to be hired on at a "real job". I placed an ad in the paper and opened my own house cleaning business. I had about 10-15 regular weekly/biweekly clients and anywhere from 2-10 randoms on a weekly basis.
            I also had two neighborhood kids I babysat a couple of times a week in the evening or overnight.

I paid part of the bills at home and had to buy my own clothes, make-up, etc. So, while I don't remember now exactly what it went to it probably wasn't anything fun. Which is probably why I don't remember.

EDIT for trivia:
            The lead singer of Oingo Boingo is Danny Elfman. Yes, you know who he is even if you don't realize it.
            http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000384/
            Last edited by NightAngel; 03-25-2007, 05:41 PM.
            "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
            HellGate: London

Comment

Oh my first real pay check........ i bought gas, Sims unleashed, Black pants, sneakers and a book, i was broke soo fast, i only had enough cash left evenually to cover gas before my next pay check

Comment

I cried when I got my first paycheck because of how much the government had taken. Yes, I knew about taxes, but it's still very depressing and quite a shell shock the first time you see it in action.

After that? It went into my savings account. I know, I'm boring, but I was raised in a very financially conscious house. No credit card debt (paid off at the end of the month), no car debt (we pay cash for cars -- never had a car payment in my life), not even a house payment cause we rented, but that was the only kind of debt that would have been considered acceptable. So I never just went out and spent money on anything. My parents would have to convince me it was okay to buy things!

I'm not THAT bad now but I still have problems spending money on myself. I can buy things for other people without problems but me? Nah, I don't really need it, I'll be okay.
                "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

I also started working as soon as I was 14 and I probably spent it on the movies or something. Which costs a lot.
                  "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

First paycheck?
                    Erm, I worked all summer cash in hand doing filing aged 13, well under the legal age.
                    Just sorting things out by name into 4 inch thick books and binding them.

The cash all went on the repairs that where needed from a stupid 13 year old boy stunt.
                    My dad got the stuff fixed, but I had to pay him back.

Comment

Books and CD's. I always make sure that the bulk of my first paycheck when I get a new job is spent on stuff that I want, mostly cos it feels good to wander around town and spend 300 quid on gaming stuff and novels.

Dragonlover
                      You have no idea how many ponchos can fit in a box- Me, after may first day at the warehouse

Comment

I think my first paycheck went into a savings account. Nowadays 90% of my income goes to bills and rent. And that's after working two full-time jobs.

Comment

Working...
                        X