This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burger Monarchy

Ok way back when (ok not that far back, six or seven years ago) when i was working at the second job i ever had, a crappy little conglomerate of a fast food chain that for anonymity's sake we'll call burger queen... Hmm no, no that seems too obvious. King of burgers maybe...bah anyways while i was working at this quantly deplorible establishment many interestingly painfull and humiliating things happened, and this i am proud to say is the first of these stories.

A reocurring problem we had there was the people who recieved the shipments and put them into the freezer, to be blunt they were lazy, they didn't follow the saftey rules when stacking the 20 pound boxes of frozen meat, or really any of the boxes. Everyone knew this, no one did anything about it cuz, well no one else was willing to do the job.
    So one day i'm the lucky kid sent into that icy death trap to get another box of burger pattys, not a huge deal i'd done it befor. This time however things went a little differently, after i had pulled the box out and was walking back to the door someone outside slammed it shut, probably just pushing past it, and no, it didn't shut and lock me in, the people who ran the place were lazy and only sorta stupid, not retarded and possibly in a vegitative state, the door opens quite easily from the inside. However when slammed shut like that it shook the walls a bit...and the stacks of frozen burgers, that i was still next too, and as i turned i saw a wall of frozen burgers tumbling upon me, instinctively i brought my arms up for protection, unfortunately instinct was unspecific as to what i should do whith the box i was holding. So i like an idiot i held onto it, and when the first box connectd with it in turn connected with my face, busting my lip wide open, of course that wasn't the big problem, the big problem was the other two or three dozen boxes covering well pretty much the rest of me Ok maybe not two or three dozen but let me have a little creative licence. So there i am, burried in boxes of frozen burgers, my lip bleeding quite profusely, and in a freezer, my day was going just wonderfully wasn't it? Well naturaly i spend some time trying to get myself out from under these boxes, but that just wasn't happening, so i tried my next option, yelling for help. well after ten minutes or so that one got pretty old lemme tell you. Eventually someone came in looking for me. Some 15 year old girl i don't remember her name, i think it started with a J. My first thought was finaly someone is gonna help me. Aparently however her first thought was
    OH MY GOD IT'S A BLOODY HEAD ON THE FREEZER FLOOR!!!! and ran away screaming, yeah i'd forgotten that i was bleeding by that point too. Eventually she calmed down enough to tell someone what she saw. (In reality was probably only another minute or two, but i swear it felt a lot longer in there) Eventually they got me unburried and got me a wet rag to was my face with as they didn't want me going where customers could see me untill i cleaned up. yeah it was a very very long time befor i heard the end of it.

So yeah, thats the story, i survived (I bet your all shocked by that fact) and well i guess thats all there was to that one, i apologise for being a bit, rambly with it, just the mood i'm in tonight.
    "this job would be great if it wasn't for the f@*#ing customers" - Randle Graves, Clerks

I did go to the hospital, but not for the lip. They made me fill out the accident report, and then told me i needed to get a drug test. That i would be suspended untill the results came back. Aparently being the victim of the inevitable is a symptom of drug abuse. Came back clean as i knew it would but it was insulting none the less.
    "this job would be great if it wasn't for the f@*#ing customers" - Randle Graves, Clerks

Comment

Supposedly, my company also reserves the right to request drug testing for anybody who gets involved in a serious accident.

That said, I've never heard of the test actually happening, and we have had some pretty nasty accidents.

Pretty shitty that you get suspended pending the results of the test though.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I used to work in a printing plant, and ANY injury accident was an instant drug test. This was to cover the company from having to pay for some drugged up idiot hurting himself because their cognative abilities weren't up to stuff for dealing with dangerous equipment and heavy rolls of paper. They actually fired one fellow over it. He smashed a toe, not even broken (though he hollered and insisted it was), so they took him to the ER and had the blood test run. He was drunk, and so much so it was amazing he could stand. Never saw him again.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth wadewilson View Post
          I did go to the hospital, but not for the lip. They made me fill out the accident report, and then told me i needed to get a drug test. That i would be suspended untill the results came back. Aparently being the victim of the inevitable is a symptom of drug abuse. Came back clean as i knew it would but it was insulting none the less.
          You could have owned the store after that incident.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            Supposedly, my company also reserves the right to request drug testing for anybody who gets involved in a serious accident...
            So does mine. In addition to hiring, promotion, inventory shortages, and randomly. The use the oral swab kind. Of course corporate policy is to assume that the associate is clean and things go as normal unless/until the test comes back positive. Then they order a second, presumably more accurate/expensive, test, but they still won't give a suspension until that test comes back positive.
            Mon aéroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

Comment

Working...
            X