This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
    Either it's sugary pop songs (Britney pears, Justin Beiber, Miley Cyrus, equally annoying shit) or "soft rock" that sounds like elevator music, so I'm either annoyed or about to fall asleep.
    They used to play the hell out of Taylor Swift, but I barely hear her anymore at work.

On the comment board near the staff room, somebody wrote that they wanted to hear One Direction
    "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Comment

I only hate the music at work when the locals decide to change the radios we have to 105.5 The Beat (or 105.5 Repeat as we call it), the local rap station. If they played music from the entire history of the genre, I'd be fine (Whodini, Sugar Hill Gang, Run DMC are all my generation). But it's the same 10 songs over and over and over.
      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
        But it's the same 10 songs over and over and over.
        When you've smoked a blunt the size of your arm your attention span is kind of shot to sh*t.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'm an opera buff who tends bar in a nightclub. Do the math.
          The customer is always right, but this is a public house, and you are a guest.

Comment

We were lucky to get Jack FM for 2 whole days! Good times...
            "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Comment

My store is signed on to some satellite music chain.

And then plays a country station that repeats the same songs over and over and over...

There was much rejoicing when somebody finally switched it to a classic rock station.

Which lasted all of a week
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                My store is signed on to some satellite music chain.

And then plays a country station that repeats the same songs over and over and over...

There was much rejoicing when somebody finally switched it to a classic rock station.

Which lasted all of a week
                Yikes! I don't like country music very much. But I don't mind "Friends in Low Places" by Garth Brooks.

Comment

Our rotation was okay, except for one song called "Good-bye my Almost Lover" that I thought especially for a grocery retailer made for a very depressing shopping atmosphere. Couldn't they put in something more happy, peppy, like ol... I dunno... something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBtjoRpmOjc

PS: Just so no one is confused, he is NOT talking about the soda.
                  Last edited by Estil; 11-13-2012, 08:07 AM.

Comment

I get to put together our playlist.. it's the best thing ever. I have a bunch of local bands on there, and so much indie-pop and folk music too, and stupid 80s pop songs that make me giggle.

Comment

Our music has been the same 5 CDs on repeat since I got the job (started on Mother's Day weekend) up until last week, when someone substituted a marimba style cd. I have issues with marimba. It just bothers me. Strangely enough, I don't really mind the lack of variety much. I can kind of time my services by the music this way. (I'm a massage therapist at a day spa.)

Comment

The Clearance Swamp's Current In-Store Music:

Imagine the worst, soft-rock/pop/country "at work network" radio station you can. Then imagine something somehow worse. This is, after all, a store that markets aggressively toward women; specifically middle-age women. Evidently their musical tastes get no edgier than Natasha Beddingfield or Maroon 5.

Also, whomever programs our music has a real boner for Brett Dennen. If you don't know who he is, don't bother to look him up or youtube him. He sings like a muppet being castrated. There are at least five songs of his in our current rotation.

For Christmas, the music will get somehow even worse than that. It'll be the oldest, moldiest, most sleep-inducing, non-contemporary Christmas music you can find. And it's on a very tight rotation, so it ain't no thang to hear the same song by the same artist twice or more in an 8-hour shift.

I mean, I like Bing Crosby and Perry Como just fine, but I can't stomach 8 hours of them on end. This is really too bad, because in the past they did play some good, more-current but obscure Christmas songs.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Imagine the worst, soft-rock/pop/country "at work network" radio station you can. Then imagine something somehow worse. This is, after all, a store that markets aggressively toward women; specifically middle-age women. Evidently their musical tastes get no edgier than Natasha Beddingfield or Maroon 5.
                          They torture us with her music too. I've heard her so many times that I barely stand her music anymore, not that I really liked her music to begin with.

"Moves Like Jagger" sucks worse than sitting through YouTube ads, and it may be the worst thing Christina Aguilera has done in her career. She's a great singer, and I think she wasted her talent on that crap.

Comment

Quoth The Hurting View Post
                            Yikes! I don't like country music very much. But I don't mind "Friends in Low Places" by Garth Brooks.
                            I don't like country, period. Gets me depressed.

The worse thing is certain songs seem to pop up more than others, like this one called "Money".

If I head that song anymore, I'm gonna scream!
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I just have trouble taking it seriously. Back when Doctor Demento was still on the radio, I went looking for him when I moved to a new city. It took me two songs, all the way to the station break, to realize that I had found a country station. No, that's not a joke, nor an exaggeration.

Comment

You know what happens when you play a country song backwards?

You get your house back, your wife back, your truck back, your dog back.....
                                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                                X