This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New one from today:

WHY in the FRAKKING hell do we need to have the song "I've been Dreaming Of a White Christmas" playing over the PA system....

When it is 30+ degrees....
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• Quoth fireheart View Post
      New one from today:

WHY in the FRAKKING hell do we need to have the song "I've been Dreaming Of a White Christmas" playing over the PA system....

When it is 30+ degrees....
      I would think that songs about winter during Christmas would make even less sense in Australia.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

• Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        I would think that songs about winter during Christmas would make even less sense in Australia.
        Thank you, someone else gets it!

Jingle Bells, Winter Wonderland, Frosty the Snowman etc. also fall into this category.

This is why I'm not as peeved about the "Aussie" versions of Jingle Bells or similar because at least they recognise that we have a summer Christmas

It gets worse when those SAME songs are sung at Carols by Candelight/Carols In The Domain performances. I can understand "Jingle Bells" in that case, but the rest just make me go

Comment

• Ugh. Heard the worst version ever of "Silver Bells" at a store this morning. The man singing it was trying way too hard; he sounded like he was yodeling, yawning and opera-singing at the same time!

I'll be very glad when this vocal-acrobatics fad finally goes away and people just start singing normally again. Also be very glad when December 26 comes and we won't have to hear Christmas music until November!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• Quoth XCashier View Post
            I'll be very glad when this vocal-acrobatics fad finally goes away and people just start singing normally again. Also be very glad when December 26 comes and we won't have to hear Christmas music until October!
            You mispelled a word.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

• It's rather old, but I'm fairly fond of it; this is u4ia's Xmas Pudding Mix. (Plays okay in the Java player, but Winamp plays it better.)

http://modarchive.org/index.php?requ...er&query=62691

Comment

• Our music selection at work isn't the best but the other night the selection was just horrible. Luckily, it was just that one night. Though today I was out shopping and the store played Mr. Grinch sung by some whiny girl and it just kept going on and on and on. Almost made me want to leave the store.
                I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

• Quoth Trixie View Post
                  Our music selection at work isn't the best but the other night the selection was just horrible. Luckily, it was just that one night. Though today I was out shopping and the store played Mr. Grinch sung by some whiny girl and it just kept going on and on and on. Almost made me want to leave the store.

WHY, OH, WHY, oh fucking why, do people insist on covering that song?

If sounds better sung from a guy....>.>

Comment

• Quoth XCashier View Post
                    I'll be very glad when this vocal-acrobatics fad finally goes away and people just start singing normally again.
                    Amen! It's no longer special when you do it for Every. Fscking. Note. UGH!
                    Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
                    At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

• Wonderful Christmastime (Pretty sure it's a cover, too)

Feliz Navidad

Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron Christmas

White Christmas by the Drifters

Step Into Christmas

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree

Those six songs. Have been playing on shuffle/repeat almost non freaking stop since last Tuesday. I always hated the first two anyways, especially the first one, but yeah, I'm pretty sure I NEVER want to hear any of these ever again. I don't know who got the cheap ass CD and insisted on leaving it on repeat over the PA system, but I pray for coal in their stockings and for their Christmas ham to be blue and green tomorrow morning.
                      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

• Does Australia have a song called Summer Wonderland?

Comment

• Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                          Does Australia have a song called Summer Wonderland?
                          Spiders to bite you and snakes to be bitten
                          Kangas to kick you and bush fires in the kitchen...
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• I hate Michael Buble's Christmas music. I swear he was the person singing that awful Christmas song that I heard at Lululemon yesterday (My friend wanted to get some stuff from there).
                            "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Comment

• Quoth The Hurting View Post
                              I hate Michael Buble's Christmas music. I swear he was the person singing that awful Christmas song that I heard at Lululemon yesterday (My friend wanted to get some stuff from there).
                              I stopped reading this after "Buble."
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Our bosses were kind to us and didn't play Christmas music until a few days before Christmas Eve, but that didn't stop me from toying with the idea of compiling the most horrendous Christmas songs ever onto one CD in order to chase customers out of the store at closing time.
                                "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                                X