This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Days of Crazy

Starting yesterday, my store decided to host a food festival that ends on Monday. We've done this before, and for 3 days, the whole store becomes the equivalent of the morning trains in Tokyo. The demo stands are situated right in front of various aisles, making it hard for both customers and employees to go anywhere, and I had to take numerous detours through produce just to get to the warehouse.

I spent my whole shift daydreaming about Red Dwarf, just so I could forget about the festival and the added load of having to train two new workers. Between me and the other person that was brought in, I'm the only one who seems to be considered qualified enough to train people.
    "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Just visualize them all as piles of dust on the floor and on the counters, with a voice saying "they're dead, Dave, they're all dead Dave."

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
      Just visualize them all as piles of dust on the floor and on the counters, with a voice saying "they're dead, Dave, they're all dead Dave."
      Have you read the omnibus? I just finished reading - it's so dark, but so awesome! I spent much of my daydreaming visualizing Lister's visit to earth. I wish Grant Naylor had made a mini series or a couple of films directly adapted from the stories, see the other sides of the characters.
      "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Comment

No, sorry, I've watched the TV series and very little of it too. (Haven't watched any of this new season.)

Comment

So I found out today that the festival event ended yesterday. It would have been nice if they didn't have two different banners in the store.

I mentioned the omnibus to a coworker during a discussion about books. I'm gonna find her some copies of the omnibus and Backwards.

I really liked the new series. I'm hoping to get the DVD next year. I'm still waiting for the complete download of my series 5 purchase from iTunes. I don't have an Internet connection at my house right now, so I have to go to the library to get one. Plus, I didn't realize that it takes 3 hours for a whole episode to download.
          Last edited by The Hurting; 12-03-2012, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X