Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My place doesn't have an official policy either, but I can bring my dog in when needed (pickup from groomer's/sick pup/etc). In fact, one of our mills had a mill manager that brought his large breed dog in every day.

The sweetest thing I get to see, though, is when a stray momma cat has her babies in the mill. Our guys will find them and watch them until they are old enough to be removed from the mother. They'll catch her to get her spayed/returned to the country side and then they guys all have to get together to decide who gets which kitten! These guys warm my heart to see them squee over tiny kittens!

Our newest employee caught a random adult male cat (very rare for us) and took him home. After a vet visit, shots, neutering, and a few other things to ensure safety for the pet and family, the cat and his little girl are best friends!

Comment

When Ember was a kitten and needed to be bottle-fed, my animal-loving boss let me bring her with me every day til she was old enough to stay home. I had a large collapsible crate in my cubicle and I stopped working to feed her every few hours. I didn't make a big deal out of it and no one said a word other than "OMG BABEH KITTEH!! ::squee::"

At one point one of the other cats was seeing a dermatologist who had an office near here, and I'd bring her up in her carrier until I had to leave for the appointment. So long as she didn't bother people (and she's a perfect angel) no one cared.

People occasionally bring their dogs up if they have a nearby vet appointment, but so long as the dog isn't hyperactively barking and/or peeing, no one seems to mind. I mean, I'm sure we're not supposed to have animals up here, but a lot of us commute in from out of town and it's just easier to bring the animal with us and then take them home after the appointment than to have to go home and get the pet.

Comment

Most people who have a service animal will have it wear a jacket or something that warns people that the animal is on duty and shouldn't be interfered with. I don't think there's ever a law requiring that, though. Best not to confront people; if an animal is causing a disturbance then you can deal with it.

Comment

We have an assistance animal only policy, that occasionally might require people to present information. I guess either to verify that the individual is disabled or that the animal is registered.
          "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Comment

Working...
          X