Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank you for choosing our hospital, now drink up!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for choosing our hospital, now drink up!

I'm at one of my hospital sites today, and as is typical they have the web browsers set to use their intranet site as the homepage.

This morning when I jumped online to punch in for work, I noticed that they were advertising some sort of employee donation campaign that had some gift baskets that (presumably) were prizes for top donators.

But what caught my eye was a plastic wall-mountable sign in one of the baskets (which had tortilla chips and chili seasoning mix among other things) that said "ONE TEQUILA TWO TEQUILA [THREE TEQUILA FLOOR!]"

It was plain as day.

That just seems wrong to me. Sure it fits the broadly Mexican theme of the basket but it doesn't feel appropriate for something a HOSPITAL is giving away. To me that's like a dentist giving out free sugary sodas, or to quote some movie I don't know the name of (just saw this scene while flipping channels) "[passing] out cigarettes for a Smoke-A-Thon on Earth Day."

I can't help but wonder if this isn't someone's idea of a joke that somehow slipped by the event coordinators.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
    That just seems wrong to me....To me that's like a dentist giving out free sugary sodas
    Hey, that's job security.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
      to quote some movie I don't know the name of (just saw this scene while flipping channels) "[passing] out cigarettes for a Smoke-A-Thon on Earth Day."
      I believe that was P.C.U.
      Goofy music!
      Old tech junk!

Comment

haha that's funny yet i can sorta see the inappropriateness of it. Although yea... dentist have totally given me candy afterwards which i thought was ironic haha but hey jedimaster91 is right that's job security haha. that would have tripped me out to see as well cause you don't typically see things like that in gift baskets but honestly, i'd mount it. I might actually have a similar sign mounted already haha

Comment

Quoth AdamAnt316 View Post
          I believe that was P.C.U.
          Yes it is, one of my all-time favorite movies.
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
          X