This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could've used Argabarga again....

(Though this whole thing was over and done with in less time that it probably would've taken for him to force the issue )

ugh.....this wasn't TOO bad, and if it's the worst thing that happens this week then I'm in good shape. I just found this hugely irritating and totally unnecessary.

Where I'm working today, there is a courier who shuttles interoffice mail between this company's various locations in the area. They are not supposed to park in the loading dock because trucks come through all the time and there's only one dock bay. Not unless for some reason they have a very large amount of stuff to deliver, but that's exceedingly rare.

Now, UPS comes around to do their pickup just before 3:30, and at 3:30 I need to go cover the receptionist for a 10 minute break.

3:29 - UPS rolls up, but the truck isn't pulling up to the dock and the driver isn't getting out. Turns out the courier was blocking him while he used a hand truck to drag a box up the STAIRS.

Seriously? if you're going to come up the stairs anyway, why are you parked at the dock? And the box was only 24 pounds (I weighed it after all this was said and done). You mean to tell me that you can't dolly a 24 pound item a few extra feet so you aren't in the fucking way? For fuck's sake the mailroom is right next to the dock. Even if he'd parked properly the total distance he'd have to carry the thing is only about 100 feet.

*sigh*

I took the box, then grabbed the outgoing UPS (only 3 small items, which is unusually little for this place) and tried to run out to the UPS truck to hand them to the driver, but he was already leaving to go to the next building (he has four stops on this dead-end road, so I knew he'd be back).

This now presents me with a dilemna. On the one hand I need to go cover the receptionist (and she was already IMing me because she really needed to go to the little girls' room) but at the same time, if I'm not here when UPS comes back, then the driver can't get in and the packages won't get picked up. All three were overnights so that wasn't acceptable.

In the end the receptionist just turned off the phone and left, and after UPS returned I rushed out to the desk to cover the rest of her break. All in all, 15 minutes of frustration that could've been avoided had the courier not freaking parked there!

ETA: 2 of the 3 other stops were on the opposite side of the road, so I knew he'd be right back here after going to the next building because the way the driveways are set up, he'd be passing by anyway to loop back around to the other side of the road. So it wasn't like it'd be another 10 minutes until he got back.
    Last edited by Dave1982; 03-06-2013, 08:12 PM.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Yeah, time for a quick talk with the courier, and if he doesn't understand how bogarting the dock has a ripple effect, his boss.

Comment

ya cos it looks like the courier is part of the same company... so a word from the boss about how his lazy act almost put the company behind on shipments ... could light a fire under the courier's buttocks pretty quickly.

Comment

The courier - like my company - is an outside contractor. We have no direct authority over them. However, I just emailed a more professional version of my above post to the site manager. If she wants to have a word with the courier then she can make that call.
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I can't get away with that if I'm dropping off lab specimens for hospice.

Sometimes we draw blood or get urine samples in the home, and drop them off at the hospital. We have a "Courier" sign that we have to put in the dash when we park in the front of the hospital.

Woe betide us if we park there and don't put the sign out. It's a ticket, a risk of towing if we're there too long, and disciplinary action from the Bosslady if we're caught.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
          X