This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASP; Raise; 1 year service

The management at my store has been riding all of us to get attachments on the stuff we sell, even the cashiers.

(Attachmetn selling, if you don't know, is getting people to buy items related to their main purchase, along the lines of "if they're buying a hammer, see if they need some nails").

Today, a woman pulled me off my register to get her a laptop because the only guy on the electronics floor was tied up. Since I'm fully qualified to work that department, I was able to get the machine she wanted. Now, because she had to wait, and no employee spoke to her besides me, I figured she'd be mad and not buy anything else. Instead, she got extram RAM for it, plus a flash drive, and a wireless router, and picked up the Service Plans for everything except the flash drive, incuding a 3 year accidental damage plan for the laptop! That was nearly $400 in service plans alone, and ALL the credit went to me!

(Certainly made up for the guy who earlier had purchased newarly $1200 worth of sale and clearance electronics including two printers and three flatscreen monitors and bought NO plans).

Made my day, and made the managers' days (they had been on a conference call where they apparently had been given a lot of bad news/numbers).

Then, I found out that I got a raise, and was given my 1 year service pin, and a written praise card for the Big ASP Sale above.

Then on the way out, I heard about the bad news in Virginia, which totally spoiled my good mood. (not trying to make light of wat happened down there)

EDIT: forget to mention that my day had been going very poorly up until this point, for various reasons. I was also supposed to get my 1 year review today, but couldn't because the conference call went overtime. Though I was assured it was all good news, hence the raise (I guess if you get a poor review, you get no raise).
    Last edited by Dave1982; 04-16-2007, 10:49 PM.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.
Working...
X