This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Getting off the Front End!!!!!

I'm so ready to celebrate . . . I can't hardly believe my luck.

I'm not going back on front end register anymore . . . my luck seems to be changing for the better.

Turns out our HBA person, who's been complaining nonstop about not getting her 40/week (she was getting around 30 -32 hours/ per week) decided she'd had enough and started looking elsewhere.

She landed a job as a bookeeper w/a small company (not sure what they do) but she'll be working Mon-Fri schedule and making $2.00 more/hour than she was getting at the Kitty.

I had filled in for her a few weeks ago when she took a few days off for vacation and even the store manager commented on how good the department looked. Even she was pleased when she came back - she wasn't sure how many hours I'd get to work on it and/or what shape it would be in.

She talked to the store manager today to let him know that Saturday will be her last day (she starts her new job on Monday) and that they didn't need to transfer in someone else to run the HBA department since I'm already there and could take it over.

So, store manager talked w/me briefly when I was on my way out the door today . . . and asked me if I was interested in taking the department.

I told him I'd do the best I could over there with it if they'd put me over there - we'd had a talk the other day while I was working frozen food (Frozen guy is out on med leave - had a car wreck right before I came back from vacation and was in the hospital for a few days - he'll be out at least a couple of more weeks) and he liked what I had done over there (apparently Frozen guy doesn't bother to straighten as he stocks - he basically piddles around and drags it out so he can fill his hours.) I had told store manager then that I felt like I got more accomplished when out on the floor stocking as opposed to being in one spot, such as a regsiter.

Hell, anyone can run a register . . . but I get bored quick.

But anyway, today he said he and Opie (ass manager) were going to see how to rearrange the schedule so I could take over HBA (Frozen guy is still out and expected to be out for at least 2 more weeks, if not longer.)

Don't care if I don't get a raise . . . I don't even expect one from the Kitty anymore. I'll be off the front end and I won't work any nights either.

Only thing I have to get used to (besides ordering schedule) is changing out the front endcap once a month (Scanning person will give me info ahead of time so I'll know what items are going up and I can also not order what's already there so it can be sold down and remaining product worked to shelf at changeover time.)

Back room (secured at that) for HBA is still heavy, but not like it was when I arrived there in November of last year. . . . Inventory isn't until August (thankfully twice a year) so I should be able to get rid of some of that stuff remaining. I may talk w/store manager about transferring out some product (don't know if that can be done, but anyway it doesn't hurt to ask.)

But main thing is . . . I won't have to run a register anymore. And I still get to work 8 hours on Wed. w/scanning person to do ad changeover, so with between 30-32 hours a week in HBA, I'll get 40/hours week with no problems.

Not too shabby for someone who was told she didn't know what she was doing in Receiving, isn't it?
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Congrats and good luck.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
    X