Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I pretty much rule at football....

and I can thank Brett Favre and Greg Jennings for the help.

For those of you who don't know, I'm a crazy college football fan, and I love basketball too. I'm getting better at pro sports, as far as knowing the players go. Since I started in this call center, over a year ago, I've continually fascinated my male coworkers with my love and knowledge of sports. I actually know more than some of them. Sadly, I'd never participated in any kind of fantasy league or pick'em, other than NCAA Basketball Tourney brackets. So, the guys got some ideas this year....and I'm now The Only Girl in our call center fantasy football league. I'm also the only girl in a Pick'Em league involving a bunch of guys from our monitoring group.

Last week, I won the Pick'em. I only won by a tiebreaker score challenge, but I was still proud. And I made about $20 to boot.

This week, I won the Pick'Em league by one whole game. I only missed ONE game in all my calls, and it was due to hometown loyalty (what can I say? I hate the Lions ) And I'll be winning $25 from the guys in the pool.

In addition, thanks to Greg Jennings and his lovely 82-yd TD reception, I may actually win my match up in Fantasy Football.

Woot! >_< I am so excited, and I just had to share. Also, I am a nerd. That is all.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

I'm really pissed about the bears

and the lions

and the packers

yep, the whole NFC North is pissing me off

but in my 4 fantasy football leagues i'm 1st of 8, 5th of 6(we'll ignore that one), 3rd of 14(but that one is weird, i'm 5-3 with 3300.7 points, while the 8-0 #1 team only has 3302.3 and is the only team with more points than me) and i have the lowest points of 4 teams in a 4 way tie for 1st so I'm 4th. so in my 4 leagues i'm 21-10-1 with half of my losses coming from one team

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
      I've continually fascinated my male coworkers with my love and knowledge of sports. I actually know more than some of them.
      Back while my wife and I were still dating, she flew down to my town and we went out with some of my friends for the Superbowl. The guys are pretty hardcore, several of them having played throughout their college years, one's brother went on to the NFL. During pre-game, Mike turns to Jeff and asks who such and such is. Wife whips out that it is Such Andsuch, out of Georgia, w/ three years in the NFL and two pro bowls She still keeps more current than me. (The 'skins haven't inspired much loyalty over the past few years.)

Quoth myswtghst View Post
      game. I only missed ONE game in all my calls, and it was due to hometown loyalty
      Root with your heart and bet with your head is what my old man taught me. I figure that if you bet against your loyalties, if they win, your team has a win, and if they lose, hey, at least you have some cash to console you.

Comment

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post
        I'm really pissed about the bears

and the lions

and the packers
        Lions, and Packers, and Bears, Oh my!
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

why can't we just go back to the bears beating the living hell out of everyone?

oh right, they keep trying to throw 40-45 passes a game, I don't care if the running game is ineffective, you force the issue when your QB is Brian Griese

Comment

Working...
          X