That’s CAPTAIN Dave1982

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That’s CAPTAIN Dave1982

Two weeks ago my boss was unceremoniously removed. I applied for her position as soon as it was posted.

As of 8/18 I am the new manager!!

Finally earned some real recognition for my hard work. It feels good. If you’ve followed my threads since my Bent Staple days you know I’ve tried before and was thwarted by people flagrantly breaking company policy (hiring an outside candidate before the mandatory internal posting period had expired, promoting someone with less than the minimum required time on the job, etc).

Wish me luck!
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Good luck, and congratulations for getting promoted on my birthday.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Happy birthday!
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
        Happy birthday!
        Thank you.

Comment

So, when is the appointment for the mandatory lobotomy and spine-ectomy?

(Congrats!)
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

You're not qualified for Mismanagement. You know your @$$ from a hole in the ground.

Congrats and good luck!
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Conga rats, Dave! The time has come to cry "Havoc!" and loose the dogs of war.

Happy belated bday, IA! ^_^
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Congrats! You deserve it!
                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  Happy belated bday, IA! ^_^
                  Thank you.

Comment

Thanks! I’m told to expect “a lot” of new company training courses. The spine-ectomy will probably come after the Orwellian reprogramming.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Seriously, I hope they invest in good management training for you.

On of corporate America's biggest mistakes is to take their best and brightest talents and promote them into a position that they probably have no training in and may not have any competence in. Then, they wonder why everyone quit.
                      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                      Save the Ales!
                      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                        Seriously, I hope they invest in good management training for you.

On of corporate America's biggest mistakes is to take their best and brightest talents and promote them into a position that they probably have no training in and may not have any competence in. Then, they wonder why everyone quit.
                        It is like they never heard of or read The Peter Principle.

Comment

Remember to treat the minions well
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I plan to. We hired someone to replace me at the same time I was being promoted, and on his first official day (he’d been temping with us until then) I got him a giant donut from a local shop decorated to say “Welcome to the team!”

side note: it was a bit unnerving seeing my then-current position being posted before I’d received an offer letter for the manager slot. I knew I was their first choice but it was still unsettling.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                            X