Can I brag a bit on my team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I brag a bit on my team?

When we started as a project 3 years ago, for all of our finance division we were owed over 10 million dollars and we had a team of maybe 10 people in tandem with off-shore collectors who get part of the credit too, though our team does the hard problem-solving. At this point not only are we down to $89,000, but the CFO of Finance, a person I've never even heard of, sent out an email to our collections leaders to say she is incredibly impressed with what we've done. I mean, this lady doesn't email anyone on our couple of tiers of management. It's a big deal that we're being praised. For the first time ever my worklist of accounts looks so small. If I weren't waiting on approvals, I could get through what I have left in a week. It used to be 400 accounts I was supposed to work in a month which meant none of them were going to get a follow-up before the next month. That was never going to happen but our team has done so well that Boss Man says he only has 150 accounts to give each of us at the changeover in the middle of the month. They are running out of stuff for us (but will find some LOL). I'm just saying we've done so much in the last year or two that it's no longer overwhelming to the company. And I personally have learned to deal with the rentals and not just leases (easier to process than rentals for whatever reason.) SAP intimidates me but I've been learning how to use it better. I guess I'm just amazed at how we went from flailing as a new project to a department that was, let's be honest, still flailing, to an efficient group. Yes, there are snags. Yes, we feel like they move the goalposts a lot. But ultimately it makes us more productive. And we had to take it on in order to be more productive. There's always room for change but we're doing it. The extra raises this year were earned.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

The best of the best. I'm surprised your company didn't punish you for it. But I'm glad they haven't, too.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Nice! It's always great to see progress on a project, and to get recognized for it.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
        The best of the best. I'm surprised your company didn't punish you for it. But I'm glad they haven't, too.
        Right? They'll find a way...No, sometimes they are a good company.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
        X