This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift wrapping fun!

I don't usually donate to charities myself, being a poor college student and all, but last weekend I drove my brother and a friend out so they could go snowboarding, and while they were flying down the mountain, I went out and did some christmas shopping. I was in a really good mood due to a series of great events during the day. Some really nice guy signaled that he was going to give me his parking spot (really nice of him!) and then I walk in past a gift wrap station. I figure, if I get anything worth wrapping, I'll have them do it.

So I go do my shopping, and two of the items I get can be wrapped, so I stop by the station on my way out. They were raising money for their high school band, and while the lady was wrapping my gifts, and doing a fantastic job at it too, I decided that I was going to give her more than she asked for. When she was done, she said it was somewhere around $7, so I handed her $15. She tried to refuse the extra, but I told her to keep it, and good luck with the band. Then I walked off and headed out.

I know it's not much, but it still made me feel good when I saw the lady's face and how grateful she was. I hope I made her holidays just as nice as she made mine, and may she get many many more generous people.
    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
    The Office

You did your good deed for the day.

Comment

Working...
    X