This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay! I'm an *actual* employee

So a few months ago I took a chance and decided to leave my previous job for a higher paying one as a cashier (i know, sad right?). I know it's le gasp!- walmart, but I really do love the job, the managers and my coworkers (for the most part). The reason it was a chance is becuase I would only be hired on as seasonal, and this store is notorious for laying off too many people after Christmas. Well for the last two days I worked (Friday, Sunday I had strep throat, and had to call in sick. I was worried because I really wanted to be considered for perminant status.

Well today I come in and find out that my manager thought I had called in sick for today, and had me down as a NCNS for Saturday and Sunday, I informed her that I had Saturday off and I had called in for Sunday. Long story short, after I explained it all she just said "oh, okay. Well I was just worried because someone said you had quit, and I was waiting to offer you a perminant spot, but now that you're here we'll get you set up."

GO ME! ^_^

Down to the rumor spreading nit-wit who almost made me lose my job.
    "I just figured you would be terrified, and I would be sarcastic about it."
Working...
X