This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am the best Front Desk Clerk

...at least where I work. The sick thing is...well...I am usually quite unsure of myself.

But I know everyone else here, for the most part, SUCKS at their job compared to me.

I am just too good. I will never get a promotion at this rate only because no one else can process the Night Audit without severe problems...and alls I do is transfer numbers, the computer does ALL of the calculations.

I am done.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

This awesome ability makes you irreplaceable so the money should be rolling in after the probation period is up. Good luck!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I have been at the hotel for 6 years...probation ended many many years ago...
      When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Oops. Sorry.

But it's still good to be irreplaceable. Why don't you demand a raise? That's what I did; I demanded .50 an hour extra because my boss was going out of town and my cell # had to go up on the door (this being the kind of hotel that closes on the weekend nights-- because we're generally empty -- only to open again at 5:30 in the morning). He begged otherwise, I said no, and got my raise.
        Last edited by Evil Queen; 03-15-2008, 05:21 PM. Reason: forgot note
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Irreplaceable also means less likely to be promoted - who would replace you? Take care.

Rapscallion

Comment

I make a decent hourly wage, and they keep giving me raises...but it's weird being far more techinically brilliant then the manager, and everyone else who has been here longer then me.

Comment

Man, that sucks. I used to work in Pizza delivery (one of the big ones) and I was so good at my job I got to take the most amazing liberties - mainly because my managers and sups all knew that as soon as there was more work than everyone else could handle I'd be straight out of the office and onto the phones/prep station/whatever. I was offered a supervisor position in like, 9 months (which I turned down because the money was crap and I was leaving for university in another 3 anyway).

Point is, you should never be penalised for being good at what you do. Although I guess I'm in a similar situation in my current job - they won't transfer me to the section I want to work on because it would mean training another bike technician. Meh.
              ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

Working...
              X