This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Job!

After dealing with all kinds of hiring drama around my office - I got a new job at a different company. I'll be working the finance world and making about 22% MORE per year starting!

Funny thing is, I have NO experience in this world and with 6+ years of working in insurance my base pay is almost 33% more than what I was making!

I'm out for drinks now, first round on me!

I guess now I'll have to change my handle...
    Last edited by Gothicsmurf; 05-12-2008, 02:35 AM.
    You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Good for you! Are you the "Burning bridges" type or the "2.1 weeks notice" type?

Never burned a bridge, but mannnn did I want to break out the Napalm a few times..

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
      Good for you! Are you the "Burning bridges" type or the "2.1 weeks notice" type?

Never burned a bridge, but mannnn did I want to break out the Napalm a few times..
      screw the napalm... i've before dropped an atomic bomb on the bridge...
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post

I gave them 3 weeks notice. My manager has always been cool so I didn't want to screw over this department. Although the only things left on my desk are the pictures of my son, my name plate, a pen and a post it note pad.

And it's taking EVERY thing in me to keep my mouth shut as to why I'm leaving... The look on the department manager's face when he heard that I got more than a 10% raise (They were going to counter to keep me here with 5-7%) was this:

They wanted to keep me here to promote me to a position that doesn't even exist yet. IF they do decide to actually do it it won't be around for at least 9months to a year. :rollseyes: HR told me "Do not apply for any more jobs for at least a year." Yeah, that really wants to make me stay here at all. (Read: you'll never go anywhere with this company besides where your ass is planted if I can't find some kind of loophole to fire you.)

And I'm going to do my best to NOT burn any bridges until I actually retire in the next few decades.

I do find it quite funny when every person I've told I've put my notice in has said, either, "You're better off" or "I hope you're going to a better company." I think that says a LOT about where I am now.
        Last edited by Gothicsmurf; 05-14-2008, 07:20 PM.
        You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

Congrats on your job.

Why is it that most counter-offers are ridicules? exp: You are making $10 hr. You get a job with starting pay at $14hr. The first job is willing to give you a raise of $2 more an hr.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
          X