X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My review..

.. went really well, I think.

Some of you probably remember my thread from about a year ago - I was dealing with some severe depression, alcoholism, and wound up disappearing from work for a few days before turning up in the emergency room in full blown alcohol withdrawal - spent 4 days in ICU, then 30 days in rehab. I wound up taking off again in April to get some personal issues taken care of with no notice (checked myself into a mental hospital to get my meds straightened out).

We'll say I was on the store manager's short list of people to get rid of for any reason, and I was tossed to the front end as a bagger. And it goes without saying I had a lousy reputation at that point - if not because of taking off suddenly, because I was always showing up drunk or hungover and calling in because of hangovers.

Well, in August I moved up to cashier from bagger. Today I had my yearly review - my boss told me he was hesitant to make me a cashier because of the reputation (he wasn't there when all of this happened), but he's glad he did. Overall the review was very positive, with only a few minor negatives tossed in to work on. My boss told me he can't believe I'm the same person that had such a bad reputation - I've only missed 2 days of work since coming back (throwing up = no handling food), and he told me I was one of a handful of people that he considers to be his "go to guys" for stuff that has to be done.

I also expressed an interest in moving up to supervisor, along with getting involved in some of the back of the house operations (we have our own graphic design department, IT department, etc at the store level - this is one of the biggest/busiest stores in the region). He told me he would have my back if anything opens up, and also told me to talk to him when I want to talk about moving up to supervisor position.

In short, a great review and a decent raise, I'm actually making more than some of our supervisors now (I think most of our supes are at 11.00-11.25/hr, there's a couple that are at 12.50+ - I've just been with the company for 2 years as of this coming Tuesday, most of our supes are at 1 year or so).

This company has been damn good to me, hopefully I don't screw it up again.

Awesome!

Congratulations!!

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Good for you!

Comment

Best of luck on your continued road to recovery. Just remember, you never stop recovering from something like that, keep taking it one day at a time!
        Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

I'm glad you're doing well. Iris is right -- one day at a time and do what you need to do for you. If having goals like that at work helps you keep yourself together, I say definitely keep up with your manager about it!

Getting over any kind of addiction is hard and dealing with mental unstability on top of it is not fun. So pat yourself on the back and be proud of yourself -- we're proud of you!
          I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Working...
          X