Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm apparently the sweetest 20 year old ever!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm apparently the sweetest 20 year old ever!

I have no idea where to put this, but it made me feel good, so I'm putting it in Bragging Base.

A little over a week ago, I had just gotten out of an internship meeting. I was on my way home for spring break, but I was starving. I decided to pull over and grab some McD's before heading out for the two-ish hour drive. The drive-thru was extended out into the road, so I decided I could spare some time to eat inside the restaurant.

I park my car and go inside. I get up in what I assume is the line, which had curved to one side due to the small ordering area. There was a woman in front of me who had her two very elderly parents with her. They were telling her what they wanted and she was trying to coax them to go sit down, since she could take care of it. The line hadn't even moved by the time she finished. She then turns to me.

AL = Awesome Lady
    Me = duh

AL: *gets her parents to go sit down at a table, turns to me* Are you in line?
    Me: *surprised, I thought she was in line!* Oh, I am, but go ahead. You were here before me.
    AL: ...Oh, sweetie. You are the sweetest young woman I have ever met! That was very honest of you. I bet your mother's proud of you.

She then proceeded to compliment me for another full minute! She asked me my age, telling me she had a son about my age in college. She asked me if me and my mom got on well, since she and her son were close. I told her that we were, which made me proud. My mom and I haven't always been that close, but since she's been going through cancer treatment, we've been tighter than ever before. She ordered, I ordered. I finished before she did, and as I passed her on my way out...

AL: *turns to her parents* That girl is a wonderful young woman.
    Parents:
    Me:

I had to call my mother while I was out on the road. It was a little funny how vehement she was about how nice I was being, because honestly I didn't think it was all big of a deal. It made me feel so good though. It made my mom laugh and she told me she was proud of me.

It's like the people in Vegas who have sex in video-monitored elevators.. -MoxisPilot
    The elevators are monitored?!!! OH CRAP!!! -Sheldonrs

That "this would make mom proud" glow is a very special one - especially when it's given to you by another mom.

Good on ya sixums!

Comment

Working...
    X