This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly the type of job I wanted! :D

Many of you know, I recently left my old job after many, many issues there made me want to pull my hair out. I'm getting ready to move several hundred miles for my husband's new job, so I was kind of waiting and just feeling out the job market in the new city online.

Ideally, I figured I would really like a work at home, customer service type job. I want to have kids one of these days and I would like to be at home with them as much as possible. It's just what I personally always wanted my life to look like. As much as I love the kitchen, I'm getting fed up with all the crazed soap opera drama that comes with it. (Yes, some of that will be at any job, but foodservice does have a reputation.)

My husband works as a developer for a relatively new company and he's loving it. They specifically scheduled him so he could have time off with me while I was working for the hotel. The staff is literally scattered all over globe, so there are people who can cover about any shift while considering it a great day shift. His coworkers and boss are funny, nice, and down to earth. He loves working there. They back up their employees when a customer gets sucky. When a customer wants to cancel their service, they can tell them how to do so without making them jump through hoops. Of course, they'll ask what was lacking that made them want to leave in the same email and they've saved customers that way, just without the constant "are you sure?" that people are made to ask in these type situations.

And...they needed more customer support staff. And I'm in! Right now I'm like:

Since the move is coming up soon and I would need to be off for it, my new boss suggested that I start out at an hourly rate for training, which is the norm for new support staff anyway. Then, after the move, I'll start full time on a salary. That way, I don't have to use my PTO! Seriously. His idea. He's that awesome!

The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

One door closes and another opens. Congratulations!!
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Wow. Congrats!

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

YAY! *happydances* *throws confetti*
        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
        -----
        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
        X