This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met the deadline!

As mentioned in my other thread I had a challenge at work, consisting in registering and filing three weeks' heavy accounting (including 4000+ invoice payments) in about one-and-a-half week.

And wouldn't ya know - I DID IT!
    I just accomplished to get the books balanced on the very last day, approx. 5 minutes before I was supposed to clock out.

I offered Bosswoman to stay a bit later in case there was some more to do, but she said that the effort I had done today was enough well that other work could wait til tomorrow, and BTW my temp period has been extended....

... so now who's at home celebrating? WHOOP WHOOP!
    A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

(I love your avatar Zel)
    and holy cow
    ( -- never let it be said that every project is over cost, over time, and over... uh... )
    Ah, crap. You realize they'll now be expecting this level of work from you always? ... Not that I'm a slacker or anything (usually), but... there's only so much hustle a person can do for so long. >__>
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
      Ah, crap. You realize they'll now be expecting this level of work from you always? ... Not that I'm a slacker or anything (usually), but... there's only so much hustle a person can do for so long. >__>
      Nah, don't worry. It was agreed from the beginning that I would work very hard the first two-three weeks just to get all the accounting up to date (still some other filing and invoicing to do), but then my workload would be at a more "normal" level and I'd also have the possibility of clocking out earlier a couple of days in order to level out my overtime.
      A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Okay good. Have one on me, via internets :
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
        X