This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINALY!!!!!

Got a call Friday saying my surgery has been moved up!

BG: I have a cluster of varicose veins in my leg so bad my foot gets no circulation really at all, and i have a wound about 2" in diameter that has been open for almost two years now, since anything from my knee down never heals. The wound got so big after a botched surgery. Needless to say it has impacted most of my life, work, kids, even social gatherings, because blood pools in my leg and doesnt have a way out. My calf is always swollen to twice its size (cannot even pull up some track pants over top of it) and hurts...all...the...time. Hell even after smoking a joint, the pain goes away, but it feels like im lifting 500lbs. Also, if i get a little pin prick even, all the blood pressure causes blood to POUR out, like...it once shot all the way up a wall onto the ceiling of a room i was in and once i smacked it on something at work at the dealership and had a pool of blood around me in the parking lot that

My doc also discovered that two major veins in my leg are leaky, compounding the issue, and may be linked to crohns disease (already had a team of docs testing me in another city for that, and treating for it, but then they just kind of stopped and never gave me any follow up...)

Basically i was expecting an OR to open up next year, but someone canceled and now i get in Wednesday! Id post before/after pics but not sure if thats cool or not, it might be yucky to some people.

Im nervous, and itll mean 2-3 weeks in bed, but should make the family happy. I know my fiance is happy that she doesnt have to worry so much anymore, especially when i went back to welding against my doctors recommendation.

Re pictures, I guess it will be OK if you warn about it and perhaps post a broken link.

Good for you, it may not be life threatening but it certainly impact on life quality to hurt like that.
    Good luck with your operation.

Comment

Congrats on the green light.

As for pics, there are enough of us here that would like to look, that if you were to just post links with warnings, that would be enough to satisfy the curious/interested but those who would be squicked know to keep away.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Links good...attached pictures not good. So link away I actually am fascinated about this stuff.

Comment

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...6/PA110431.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...6/PA110430.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...6/PA110429.jpg

Seeing if this works, its just a pic of my ugly swollen veins and the ulcer (about 1.5cm across)

Comment

Wow...my biology teacher would have loved to have those a couple years ago...

I am so sorry this is happening for you, so you said you smoked and the pain went away for a bit? I think i would have gone mad by now.

Comment

Yup, it all started 10 yrs ago, when i noticed the swelled veins. Then one popped two years ago and ive drug that thing around through selling cars and welding lol

Comment

All done. im limited to bed mostly. 6" incision by my groin, and 2 incisions on my calf. it sucks lol but ill live

Comment

Cool.

Don't forget the after pics.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Well at least my well being is more important than the pictures of my ailment :P lol
                    (Edit: the top line is 100% a joke, just being sarcastic lol, might be the pain killers talking but that seems bitchy the way i wrote it haha)

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...entoV6/116.jpg

Will post more pics, this one is just a quick iphone capture of it when i got home from surgery.

HE did a wonderful job of stitching up the incisions. Actually itd be nice to know if theyre dissolving or permanent stitches, but you cannot see any thread or anything, maybe there is none? Nurses or doctors? Lol

I cant get a hold of him until the second, which is my post op appointment, and am a little concerned no antibiotics were prescribed.
                    Last edited by Pimento; 10-15-2010, 05:29 AM.

Comment

I'm so glad you're ok, Pimento!!

Your leg in the post-op photo looks MUCH healthier!

Get well soon!
                      "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
                      ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

Quoth Munkie View Post
                        I'm so glad you're ok, Pimento!!

Your leg in the post-op photo looks MUCH healthier!

Get well soon!
                        Me too .
                        If you can't see any threads, they are probably of the dissolving kind. They can't cut a thread they can't see, after all. Call the hospital and ask, you should ask if you are in doubt.

Comment

Working...
                        X