Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New job (sort of) FINALLY leaving the front end!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New job (sort of) FINALLY leaving the front end!

*sobs with happiness*

After over three years of cashiering on and off, most of them at Volde-Mart, I'm going to get to try something new! They offered me a cashier/sales associate job in the Pharmacy. The store planning lead I worked with on remodel encouraged me to really try to get into this area of the 'Mart, and I can't believe I'm actually doing it, YAY!

I'd actually forgotten all about it until one night I was at the garden center door, with a radio, and I hear a manager come on and say "CSMs, is ShinyGreenApple here tonight? I need her in the manager's office right now." I stood out there and had a silent freak out, wondering what I did wrong, and all he wanted to do was offer me the job, LOL. I knew they wanted me to at least secondary to Pharm so I could cover breaks and lunches, but I'm actually really transferring over there. OMG, that area closes at 9PM and holidays. HUZZAH!

Of course, I'm also kind of flipping out about what it'll be like over there. My biggest worry is that I won't get along with the people there, even though I usually get along with pretty much everyone really well. I just know my friends in departments get a lot more drama with each other than we do up front. But still, the hours are SO much better. More full days and none of the four hour shift nonsense. And they even gave me this first weekend off. I would have come home in such a rotten mood from the SCs tonight if I hadn't known it was my last shift up front . . .
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

sales associate job in the Pharmacy
    What does that mean? How are you a "sales associate" in a pharmacy.

edit: But yay on the good stuff! better hours are awesome, im just confused on the job title.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

It's a fancy way of saying Pharmacy cashier. From what I understand I'll just be grabbing prescriptions and ringing people out, but yeah, the title is "OTC Pharmacy sales". But it's Volde-Mart we're talking about after all. Even when there were 30 or so of us on remodel, our badges all said "sales associate", despite the fact we weren't 'selling' so much as helping turn the store upside down and inside out.

Comment

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
        It's a fancy way of saying Pharmacy cashier. From what I understand I'll just be grabbing prescriptions and ringing people out, but yeah, the title is "OTC Pharmacy sales". But it's Volde-Mart we're talking about after all. Even when there were 30 or so of us on remodel, our badges all said "sales associate", despite the fact we weren't 'selling' so much as helping turn the store upside down and inside out.
        As someone whos gotten their (overpriced) pharm at walmart, I get what you're saying. You're the person who steals my money

jk, but yay you got a better job! You prepped for dealing with pain med addicts?
        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
          jk, but yay you got a better job! You prepped for dealing with pain med addicts?
          Not really, lol. But I'm sure I'll learn somehow. I'll just keep reminding myself that the scheduling in this area will allow me to have some semblance of a normal social life! And if I don't like it, I can always transfer back to the front end or try a different department.

Comment

Working...
          X