This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A and B the C of D

Hooray! Today I felt good about being at work! While this may seem like a crime against all people who work everywhere and don't have their dream jobs, let me continue.

Backstory:
    One crappy freezing winter's day last year a coworker of mine had problems with her car. Her battery had died and her family could not come to her aid (they weren't home and didn't pick up their cell phones). So I, being the eternal Ladies' Man (I am Sir Gallahad, after all) decided to help her out. I drove home (all of about a 3 minute trek) and grabbed some jumper cables, then came back and got her car started, and off she went. Since then I have kept my jumper cables in my car (secret compartment woo) at all times.
    /Backstory

Today, soon after one of my other coworkers came in, a friend of hers (who works next door) dropped by and got a grande coffee, then stood and chatted to her for a bit. I overheard that he had only come in to work to check his hours and that his car battery had died (ka-ching) and that his mother was not home (apparently she did not have a cell either). When she offered to call her house (next town over) to have her parents come help, I offered him a jump (again, sir Gallahad-ness and there was a lady present) and of course he agreed. I drove around to where he was parked and had him up and running in about ninety seconds (of course the fact that he actually helped me jumpstart him was useful) and was able to get back in to work after having been gone for about 3 or 4 minutes. Our reward? The 15 cent tip he had given us when he got his coffee. And of course the "I helped somebody" feeling which I love.

I'm not suggesting that this story is hugely significant or that I deserve recognition or anything, I'm more like asking about other instances of ABCD behavior. I know somebody out there has done something fantastic while at work (or not at work even) so fess up, you all.
    "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

In the last seven years I've changed no fewer than three tires while on the clock, and have lost count of the jumps I've done. A year or so ago my store invested in one of those jumper battery packs so 90% of the time if the battery isn't shot I can jump without having to move my car (and it's easier to tell management I need the jumper to help a customer than it is to explain why I'm driving my car around while on the clock).
    "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
    "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
    My MySpace
    My LiveJournal

Comment

Working...
    X