This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irv is leaving the swamp.....

....for four weeks to help set up one of our small-town stores about, say, 20 minutes away. I was chosen for this by management, and they specifically requested "strong" employees to help with the set up. This isn't a "get rid of a troublemaker for a while" kind of thing at all.

I start there next week Wednesday, and will be there until their grand opening November 18. I will be working Monday through Friday 8 to 4:30 including drive time--meaning I leave my house at 8 am, get to the store when I get there, and then leave in the afternoon to be back home at 4:30.

I'll be getting paid for 40 hours a week, and mileage.

It'll be hard work I'm sure, but it'll be exciting too.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Hooray!
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

WOOT!!!!!!

Comment

That is AWESOME!
        The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Congratulations. You've earned that.
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Wonderful news, Irv! Congratulations! *bacon cookies for Irv*
            "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

You're trusted, mate. Says something.

Just worried that you're going to come back to a mess. Good luck.

Rapscallion

Comment

Too sweet! And well deserved Irv. Hope the swamp doesn't become a lake while you're gone.

Comment

That's awesome! and you'll have 4 weekends free, that is a retail slaves dream. Enjoy!

Comment

Enjoy your time away from the swamp. Although, when I saw the title I admitting thinking that you had gotten fed up with everything.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                      You're trusted, mate. Says something.

Just worried that you're going to come back to a mess. Good luck.

Rapscallion
                      It is possible I could end up back at the swamp before my time is up, but I kind of doubt it. Generally speaking we're able to get trucks done if I'm absent.

The furniture, on the other hand, I'm worried about. It won't get counted for three weeks. It generally only takes one for it to become FUBARed.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Good luck Irv! You deserve a break.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

You certainly do.
                          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            ....for four weeks to help set up one of our small-town stores about, say, 20 minutes away. I was chosen for this by management, and they specifically requested "strong" employees to help with the set up. This isn't a "get rid of a troublemaker for a while" kind of thing at all.

I start there next week Wednesday, and will be there until their grand opening November 18. I will be working Monday through Friday 8 to 4:30 including drive time--meaning I leave my house at 8 am, get to the store when I get there, and then leave in the afternoon to be back home at 4:30.

I'll be getting paid for 40 hours a week, and mileage.

It'll be hard work I'm sure, but it'll be exciting too.
                            Fantastic news, Irv. Though I think you may be optimistic about being able to leave at 4:30 :P
                            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

well irv, for the first week, i bet the floor people will be trying to page you at the swamp. Over and over.

Comment

Working...
                              X