This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haz werk

It's a temp job, but it's work. Hopefully it'll last until I have something permenant.

Nothing glamorous. Mostly filing and organizing, but the pay is good. More than enough to cover my expenses.

The employment agency that hooked me up was fantastic! I interviewed with them on Wednesday, and got a call on Friday. She seemed apologetic to even offer me the gig.

Hey, beggers, choosers. Amirite? It just means I can stay in New York longer while looking for a permenant job.

Does bode well for when I finally find something suitable for my education and experience, though. I may be able to live alone!
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Yay! I loved doing temp work. Maybe I should try it again.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

You have the right idea - it's work and a paycheck. :-). Plus, there's a chance that it will show the temp agency that you are more than willing to take jobs, even if they aren't glamorous. That's a pretty good thing if you aren't able to find a regular place before this assignment ends.

Congrats!!

Comment

Congratulations! I wouldn't mind temp work at all, especially in the summers, but my experience in office work is, shall we say, somewhat dated (*koff* typewriters *koff*)

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
          ... somewhat dated (*koff* typewriters *koff*)
          Manual or electric?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Congrats, HFP!
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
            X