Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't have to deal with SCs the holiday season!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have to deal with SCs the holiday season!

I just got some great news today about a sort of job offer that will last me through the holiday season.
    Here is my basic situation:
    I've worked at McDs for five years now and I'm sick of it. I am graduating college this semester with my bachelor's so it's time to move on. This job was only meant to get me through school. At the time I got my AA I was officially the most educated person in my store (including my bosses) and now I'm just super over qualified haha. Anyway, I've been working on getting all my certifications and stuff that I need for my chosen career, but in the mean time I still didn't want to work at McDs. I took off all of November to finish up school, but I am working the graveyard shift on Thanksgiving into Black Friday. I chose this shift. I am not complaining, I like to work this particular shift. I also need to stay on payroll until Jan. so I can get my paid vacation.
    Anyway, I was really worried about what I was going to do in Dec and beyond. Today I was at an unpaid internship at the city's recreational department that I had to do for school. I made a comment about how much I like working there and they offered me a temp. job! It's only for Dec. and part of Jan., but still I'm excited.
    They don't have SCs. All they deal with is filing, answering phones (ok I did get a couple of people that were dumb when I was answering the phones, but not too bad), and sign people up for sports. Today I was helping people sign up for sports and since it's past the deadline they have a $10 late fee. I expected SCs over this, but no. Everyone was SUPER nice about it. THEY were apologizing for being late. It was insane. I'm sure there will be a couple weirdos, but all in all it's great.
    So I talked to my boss at McDs today to work out the staying on payroll thing and basically I'm just going to work Sundays doing prep. Meaning I get to stay in the back, work at my own pace, not talk to anyone, and just make salad and wash dishes. AND I still get my manager pay while doing it. HELL YEAH!!!

Awesome day.
    Done bragging.
    Thank you.

That's great!!
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

You're so lucky. That's wonderful.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Good for you! I hope we all get our victory in the end!

Comment

Thank you guys! I hope everyone has an SC free holiday season. I know this is unlikely, but still.

Comment

Working...
          X