This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got "promoted," I think

I don't have a "real" job at the moment, but I used to do a lot of freelance writing for a website. It's one where you pick a subject from a list and write about it. But their lists were always totally barren, so I fell out of writing for them because there was just nothing to write.

Then one of the admins said that since I had written a bit on a certain subject matter, they wanted me to have special access to a new writing site. Basically, I was assigned a test article and told they expect some slight changes in the style - nothing that would impact the quality of my work.

They took a while to respond, but I was told they liked the article. So now I have access to this new site (I already claimed the maximum number of articles - I was like a kid in a candy store when I saw all the articles up for grabs) and I also will make 50% more per article than I did before. Even if I didn't get a raise, I'm happy I'll be writing for them again.

I know, nothing OMG epic. But it made me happy because I love writing for these folks. I just wish some of the articles were more resume-friendly - somehow, I don't think something like "How To use a Vibrator on your Girlfriend" would look good to an employer if I pursued another writing job.
Working...
X